Shapes

Everyone has their own circles, and everyone fits into certain boxes. It's funny how the human brain works everyone is sorted into geometric shapes. We put a person in a box "hes serious", "shes silly", "He's funny", but we forget that we are not one-dimensional beings, but we have different emotions, different sides. I am no exception to this though, hence my analysis of it. i perceive the smart ones as disciplined and eager, the wealthy (by inheritance of course) as spoiled and mean. Like the world around me considers Amelia a simple little girl, when the reality is reflected otherwise. I wonder what other people perception of me is, because truly I cannot understand my own. 

Which leads to another thought, does everyone perceive me differently or in one box; people often perceive Amelia is one thing, the bubbly, dumb, flirtatious type, never have i heard anything not synonymous to this. Does everyone see Caedon in one view as well? Studious, quiet, ambitious. But when you think about it, those arrogant brats may be perceived differently by all, i call them brats but someone out there must have a good outlook on them...right? God i hope not.

When you really ponder on it you begin to realize, you perceive the people closest to you differently from their reality. In fact, we think them one dimensional as well, sure you perceive them differently from the rest as you have more information but, you've simply changed your perception not added to it. Some people see me as defined by my grades and my feigned confidence, but the reality is I am not that, I am anxious and hard-working, not bad traits, just different; If they help my grow then they are not a bad perception and reality. 

But the truth of the matter is, we can only perceive people through one lens, one dimension, one magnitude. We are scalar quantities to others when we are really vectors. But one could argue that is how the universe works, binary, one or the other.  Bad or good, night and day, bright and dark, they middle does exist but is not acknowledged unless thought of. If a person liters they're put in the Bad category, but a murderer is also put in the same wing, do we quantify it and divide it into levels? Or do we perceive them both as just Bad. Yes one is significantly worse than the other so we can be said to be dislike and the other hated. But if something good happens. it could be passing an exam or winning the lottery, the sudden rush of happiness always seems to be equal, it is our brains that make us realize how much happy we should show. 

But these are just perceptions of my reality, is my reality even the reality? The perception we have of ourselves may not even be the reality just our mask or camouflage. It could also be true that the reality perceived by others is the truth but what we see ourselves as is rendered false. Oh well, reality can be but a perception as well, but that is not my concern. Now i discern that the more intellectual, see people in more than one dimension, not a box but a flow.