1. It's Not Forever

Disclaimer: Mo Dao Zu Shi and The Untamed do not belong to me. The settings, characters, and plot belong, respectively, to Mo Xiang Tong Xiu and the screenwriters of The Untamed. Here, only the plot of this fanfiction and my four OCs, Huang Minghui / Lan Minghui, Lan Biyun, Li Xingsi / Wei Xingsi, and Bai Yilian / Nie Yilian, are my creations. And an important reminder that this ISN'T REAL; please value your lives and do not try to get hit by a car to get this sort of adventure.

Song for this chapter: BTS - Spring Day

About Bai Yilian (白仪莲):

Name:
白 (Bai) = White
仪 (Yi) = Appearance; etiquette; gift
莲 (Lian) = Lotus

Saber: Rensheng (仁胜)
仁 (Ren) = Compassionate; benevolence; kindness; humane
胜 (Sheng) = To be able to match; to be able to equal; victory

***************

Bai Yilian didn't understand why the car suddenly started again and slammed into her and her friends. It had clearly stopped to let them cross the street to get to the boba store... Bai Yilian's thoughts faded into nothingness as someone turned off the lights.

She woke up. Even though she had been crashed into by a car that was definitely way past the speed limit not that long ago, nothing hurt. Other than a thin layer of dust, Bai Yilian's clothes were completely clean. She could see no visible injuries, either.

"Yilian? Xingsi? Where are you two?" a quiet, cold voice asked.

A tall girl with reddish-brown hair, eyes a greenish-brown color, and a complete contrasting voice shouted, "Here!"

Bai Yilian sighed with relief at the sight of all three of her friends—Huang Minghui, Li Xingsi, and Lan Biyun—safe. "Where are we?" Bai Yilian pondered. "Are we dead?"

"You are dead, but not dead," a loud, echoing voice answered. Huh?

"Who are you, and what do you mean?" Huang Minghui asked tensely.

"When the car hit the four of you, all of you died. But you are now starting your second lives, in the world of The Untamed," the voice explained. "You are currently asleep, and this is all in your mind. It's time for you to know of your past in this life."

With the wind roaring in her ears, Bai Yilian felt her surroundings change. She ended up in what seemed to be the Unclean Realm, the residence of the Qinghe Nie Sect. There, she saw her six-year-old self dressed in the green and gold robes of the Qinghe Nie Sect, watching the healers work in the infirmary.

"Yan-Shijie, what is this used for?" Nie Yilian asked curiously, pointing at the needles in a female healer's hand.

Curiously reaching for them, the healer, whom she'd referred to as "Yan-Shijie", quickly pushed her hand away. "Yilian, careful! These needles are for paralyzing our disciples when we treat their injuries."

"Why?" Nie Yilian questioned.

Nie Yan smiled and began explaining to Nie Yilian what the needles were for. The younger girl paid rapt attention to her shijie.

Nie Yilian nodded to herself. It looks like I have an interest in healing and medicine. This would be interesting.

"Huaisang, why are you interested in just painting fans all day?" a boy who Nie Yilian recognized as an eleven-year-old Nie Mingjue asked. "And Yilian, don't you get bored staying in the infirmary with the healers all the time?"

"Da-ge, why do you like training with your saber all day long?" Nie Yilian asked.

"Because I enjoy it!"