School Starts Already?! Part 1

Clay was excited to be principal again. Peril was excited to get a job in the Skywing Factory off the coast. Cloud was excited to see Tourmaline and Hyacinth. Squelch was excited to make some new friends.

Tsunami was excited to boss around more kids. Riptide was excited to going back to be a Talon of Peace. Seashell was excited to see Mango and watch her egg hatch in a couple of months. Gill was excited to bomb that stupid Skywing that kept stealing his answers last year. Reed was excited of leaving the school in a year.

Star flight was excited to work at the library again, but was not excited for some stupid dragonets to rip the pages of the scrolls. Sunny was excited to teach again and enroll new teachers. Mossstone was excited to be at the prey center and learn about science, with he was great at. Venus was excited about seeing that cute Seawing that kept trying to get her attention; she had a small crush on him. Venus's pet mouse, Squeeker, had no feelings at all and thought she was probably gonna get eaten. Squeeker was the emergency food supplier of she was starving in class and missed breakfast.

Glory could never be so excited to have her daughter away from home. ALL her kids. Deathbringer was excited to go on more assassin meeting and missions and then retire when his granddaughter hatched. Kolluth was excited to see Seashell again, and Poisonwing was excited for Magenta to finally join him this year, and Hyacinth was excited to go to school, see Magenta and Cloud, and (maybe possibly) get a new boyfriend this year.

But nothing really works out how the want it, right? Right?

-

Hyacinth, Kolluth, and Poisonwing were all waken up at the same time by their Mother's bellowing call.
"GET UP RIGHT NOW AND START PACKING," she screamed, but they could hear her as if she was talking to them in their rooms. "SCHOOL STARTS IN A WEEK."
"It's a week, so why do we have to go now? It doesn't even take that long," Hyacinth muttered and then rolled over in her bed. Something squeeked and she rolled back over with a groan.

Dove stood there, frowning at her.
"What?" Hyacinth asked, her eyes closing again.
"I woke up two hours ago, swept the whole hut, washed the dishes, and packed your stuff," the human said. "And you can't even wake up in the morning?"
Hyacinth groaned and flopped her head back on her pillow.
"Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me stay in bed," Hyacinth whispered. "I'll paint your nails for the wedding?"

Dove smiled and nodded. "Sure." Suddenly, they both heard a yell from the twin's room.

-

Kolluth woke up with a screaming groan, tossing and turning in his hammock until he tumbled off the edge and landed with an "OOF" on the floor. He spread his wings and looked up at the ceiling, sighing.
"You alright?" Asked Poisonwing, who had his wings covering his head but his shoulders were shaking like a leaf. "Y-you alrighty?"
"OH MY GOSH," he growled, getting up and stretching. "I can't believe school is starting AGAIN."

With fury, his scales turned red and orange and we flipped open drawers against the wall and threw stuff on the floor. He picked up a long cloak and fingerless gloves and out them in a little vine bag Hyacinth weaved them both. Poisonwing got out of his bed and went to his drawers, putting them in the bag without cluttering the floor.

"Ready?" Poisonwing asked, and Kolluth reluctantly nodded. They peaked in Hyacinth's room and rolled their eyes.

She had two bags packed with crowns, gloves, cloaks, dresses, and some warn for crocheting. Her pet, Dove, was putting up the rest of her stuff into the bags. Hyacinth was either still asleep on her bed or too tired to get up. Her scales were clearly violent and lavender, looking vibrant against the multiple shades of greens in her room.