6

'Julian look!' Alfonzo pointed to Julian's changing features, as Diego was running up to them from further down the beach. He was beginning to turn back, losing the delicacy and returning to a familiar self. 'Did she get your letter?'

Julian turned to his back pocket and turned white. 'It's still there.' He said, he took it out and unfolded it. 'No...' he whispered.

They all stopped smiling and stared at the failed attempt to contact his girl. The one who he longed for and loved so much.

'How is she going to find me now? I can't believe it...' he said, but the writing on his shirt began to appear.

'Julian get up!' Alfonzo said, 'something's on your shirt but it's backwards, I don't understand why...'

'What if you could read the address backwards? Maybe in a reflection?' Diego suggested, panting from running.

'That's brilliant!' Julian said and looked around the beach for something reflective. He couldn't find anything but went closer to the shoreline to see if the reflection would work in the night. It didn't, the sky was too dark. Then, a glimmer of light came from a reflection, Lucy was doing her lips again with a small compact mirror.

'I'm going to try and get Lucy's mirror from her.' He said, as he walked up to her.

'I wouldn't, she just pushed you!' Diego reminded him.

'It's about time she learned a lesson or two.' Alfonzo admitted.

Lucy approached him halfway with her arms crossed. 'I waited for you Julian... what happened to you?'

'Someone pushed me into the water...' Julian said. 'I need your mirror...'

'I need to talk to you, it's really important.' She said.

'No.' Julian answered. He didn't look at her furious face.

'No?' She spat.

'I don't love you and will never. You pushed me--- friend into the sea and didn't even give a chance to her. I am not your friend anymore Lucy. Now, can you please lend me your mirror?' Julian asked, though politeness was his best quality.

She began to cry, turning her heel and running off in the other direction. 'I think someone needed to grow up...' Julian smiled, as he saw the mirror dropped on the floor.

He retrieved it, and the boys came over waiting for another firework to show the light for the mirror to work.

'The address! It's in England.' Alfonzo said, translating it for Julian.

'But what if she comes for me? What if she finds me first?' Julian asked.

'She doesn't know... anything.' He reminded them. Julian then sighed, thinking this all could have gone so smoothy if Lucy had stayed away.

As he carried on looking down at the letter, he finally noticed in the darkness of the beach the sharpie drawing of a smiley face he had on his arm.

'I'm going to find her.' Julian decided.

She was there, she had found him and liked what she saw. So much hope was in this small temporary tattoo on his arm. She was a real person on this earth who wanted to meet him, and he had the evidence right here.

'She likes what she saw then?' Alfonzo smiled. 'I have been to London for... for my soulmate too. I don't know it very well, but it's the biggest city in England. I'd check where it is before you go girl hunting.'

'The right address is there on his shirt. He just needs to have it translated properly...' Diego whipped out a pen and pencil from his backpack and wrote it down. 'There.'

'But I need to be on a plane! There won't be any flying out on new year's.'

'You could take your boat and wait at the airport for the first flight available.' Diego recommended.

'I guess, but how will I get the money? I may be rich, but my farther would disown me from leaving the country.' Julian said.

'I could take you on knot. He's a rickety thing but can survive a voyage or two?' Diego offered, but Julian muttered.

'I'm sorry but that's too slow, I need to go by my speed boat...'

Alfonzo skipped off and came back with a tattered box. 'My last competitions win. I bought my new board with the prize money but had enough over for savings... take it Julian.'

'Alfonzo I could never—I will pay you back on the first day I come back to Italy.' They shook on it, and Julian got up to run to the airport.

'You guys are the best mates anyone could ask for.' Julian said, and he was off. To go to his speed boat.

'How do you feel about watching the fireworks from the boat?' Diego asked, after Julian had left.

Alfonzo stopped, 'how's the weather looking?'

'Looks fine to me, come on Alfonzo, it'll beok.' They began to walk to the boat and climbed up the ladder on the side.