10

'I'm best friends with your soulmate by the way.' Beth started the conversation as they were both walking to Eliza's house out of town. 'She's an amazing friend but- what happened to you the night you switched?'

'It's such a long story. Lucy- a sister of my friend, she pushed me into the sea. I thought a letter I had wrote would be in her—' he stopped mid-sentence to check a word on his phone. 'Clothes, but wanted to find her instead.' Julian said.

'We didn't receive anything. I wanted to check why you are looking for her when we got nothing from you that night.'

'I promise I am going to be the best guy for—' Julian stopped. 'What's her name?'

'Eliza' Beth filled in.

'Eliza. Eliza, Eliiiizaaa.' He tried, still getting used to the English language. He said slowly , and unsure of himself. He looked at his surroundings, as the clouds started to appear, making the sky darker.

'Is it always this weather?'

'Yes, sometimes you get a few days of sun. It's mostly rain I'm afraid.' Beth slowed and thought for a moment that she might need to tell Julian about Eliza possibly already being gone.

They were at her street now, and it had become quieter outside of the city. They stopped outside a bus stop, with a few cars speeding by, and an occasional person to be seen.

'Eliza may not be at home...' Beth started, 'I don't want you to get your hopes up.'

Julian put his hands through his hair. 'I can't believe this; I've come all this way to find her. I've been in England for two weeks for nothing? It can't be...'

'We must run; we can't be late. She may have already left.'

'I won't get my hopes up then.' Julian sighed. He began to run with Beth, all the way down the street against the repetitive houses.

'We can still make it!' She yelled, as she approached the front door.

Julian knocked on the door, and it was opened by a tall woman. She was slender and had a sour look on her face from crying. 'I thought I told you to leave.' She coldly stated.

'He means no harm; we both need to speak to Eliza right now Ms Rae.' Beth responded.

'Eliza is too young for boys, and with the permission of her best friend, how dare you, Beth.' Ms Rae said.

'I don't mean any disrespect, but is Eliza here at all?' Beth asked, and Julian secretly got his hopes up.

'No, she is not. I want you to leave.' Ms Rae answered.

'Might I ask where she has gone?' Julian asked.

'No, you may not.' Ms Rae said to Julian, and she slammed the door in his face.

'I am so sorry, I did say—'

'It's ok.' Julian sighed, 'I knew it was too good to be true.' There was a shimmer of light, and Julian watched a snowflake fall gently to the ground. It began to snow lightly, but he didn't care. He was too busy trapped in his woe.

'She's moving out to Japan.' Beth admitted.

Julian responded with a sigh, 'I always wanted to go there. Travel really and see the world... but it would have been with her. Unfortunately, you can't learn Japanese in two weeks like English. Almost.' He still stumbled over his words.

'Your English sounds really good to me, for someone who didn't even know the language.' Beth admitted.

'PASSPORT!' Someone called. A voice Julian recognised. 'PASSPORT!' Beth stood up, and she smiled as the snow started to fall harder.

'Eliza!' She called, 'There is someone here for you.'

Eliza began running in all her gear, seeing a guy with blonde hair in the distance. Hardly believing her eyes, to lay upon a recognisable face.

She got closer and stood at the bottom of her drive just- looking. Looking at him, at his beauty. He was shivering on the bottom step of her porch, and he was looking towards her with the same longing look she gave him. She gasped. 'No... you can't be—' she dropped her bags, and she charged towards him, her throat hurting with the tears that threatened to fall.

'I can't believe it's you!' She dove into his open, strong arms. She grasped him with both of her arms and her legs. Hugging him tighter and tighter, and him returning that same grasp on her.

'Eliza, Eliza...' he whispered her name over and over into her short hair.

He let her go and brushed her hair off her sticky lips. He cupped her chin in his hands, and she laughed 'your cold.'

'I wasn't dressed for England.' He admitted. Yet, she didn't wait another moment to kiss him. It had been him, and her address had gotten through to him that night they exchanged glances into one another's body's. It had been love at first sight, and they had both fallen for each other. Though they knew nothing about each other, it still was, and only could be... love.

The end