Chapter 1

MINERVA'S P.O.V

"Hi, how you doing? My name is Riley. What's your name?" He pulled my body inside his warm hug.

"Minerva." I mumbled.

"You're so pretty. And I like your name too."

"That's very sweet of you, thank you."

I stuttered between unspoken words and the need of crying. He's too beautiful. This guy, whom I thought would deny my existence, somewhat asked me to stay around. His warm side-hug on my shoulders accompanied our talk. He stroked my hair too once a couple of times.

"I like you." He kissed my forehead.

"What?"

"I like you. But I have to go."

"No, why leaving? Stay. Please stay." I begged.

"I wish I could. But we don't belong..."

***

I felt the warmth from headbed lights in my eyes. Too early to wake up. I tried to sleep again. But my brain didn't process it anymore where it left off.

Oh it's a dream again.

***

"Morning sweety, get ready for final!"

"Just a bit more 5 minutes mom..."

"No. It's almost 6. Wrong choice of time to be late. Hurry up. Breakfast's downstairs."

I held a sigh til she closed my door. Looked out to the window. It's blurry, windy day. My head's pounding so hard. And look at these eyes. It's red and pathetic.

Welcome to my life.

"Books, checked?"

"Checked."

"Pens?"

"Checked, mom. Don't worry I got it all." I chuckled. "Thanks for the sandwiches. Taste awesome."

"Bring me some A." Mom kissed me on the cheek. "Good luck Mirv!"

I hopped into my car. "Love you!"

"What? A dream again?" My sister, Elena, chuckled.

"Don't bother to check."

"You probably have a mental problem."

"That's not even funny Len."

"It's not! That's why I'm worry." She yelled. "Drink something."

"I'm pretty much okay." I looked away.

She drove me to school on time. I got one last final before graduation. Meanwhile Elena, she's a college student. Just a bit older than me, 1 year 3 months to be exact, she became a complicated sister of mine. We shared stuff in daily basis. But some other days, we fought like old women.

"Pick me up again. You know when."

"Heck I'm not your driver, remember?" She rolled her eyes.

"Then give me the car keys. Go take the bus."

"Jesus. Alright alright 2 PM! Don't go anywhere." Elena drove away.

I turned around. One more week in this school before real college life, that happens to be very close right now. I felt uncomfortable in the most complicated way. Have no talent at all, I was nervous of what the real world might be getting me.

Got in the class about 5 minutes before the final started, I took the farest seat from the populars so that I could study. Today's geography. Oh fingers crossed.

"Aw oh gosh they're coming here!" One of girls in my class caught my attention.

"Yeah? When? When?!"

"Sometime in July! They're with... Dammit The Vamps and The Tide. You know them right?"

"The Vamps dudes are mine, girl."

"Hahaha."

I got along with this random conversation instead of keeping my brain focus. Who's coming to town?

"Mirv! Hey! You okay?"

"Eh what? Yeah yeah I do. What is it?"

"I give you this!" One of the girls came up to me and gave a flyer. "You happen to receive that or what?"

I looked down. "Sure. Thanks."

"No problem." She looked at me in the weird way. "You're awkward."

I chuckled inside. That's too normal. Nobody wanted to be friends with the nerdy girl. Besides, I escaped a lot with my earphones. They didn't understand the life I've been living.

Oh I checked the flyer she's giving, by the way. It's catchy. These fan girls were very creative.

The Vamps Summer Tour with Before You Exit?

Before You Exit? You mean Riley's coming to town?