Chapter 10

MINERVA'S P.O.V

"You're so funny. Got a ticket but don't want to watch." Elena mocked. "You sure?"

"Sure."

"Real sure?"

"Dammit El, just have it by yourself if you feel like going."

"Book worm at its best shape." She walked away. "I'm gonna have fun with this and you're gonna regret."

"No I won't."

"The Vamps, dude! The Vamps!" She danced along as curled up her hair.

"Say hello to your The Vamps." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm gonna check if some friends would go, or else I'll just go by myself."

But thinking about The Vamps that Elena kept calling... I got more brilliant idea. "El! Hey girl give it back!"

"What?"

"Give the ticket back!"

"What the heck?"

"You got yours. I change my mind. Shush. Give it back."

"You're one weird girl."

"Whatever."

I ran back to my room, changed, dyed my hair, and walked fast as possible to the garage. Mom gave me access to daddy's car only for tonight. The parents will be having business dinner where the office car will serve them all. One night access, because it's Before You Exit and The Vamps' concert.

"Shir, get yourself down here!" I called her.

"You where?"

"Downstairs. Oh never mind I've met your mom." I ended the line. "Evening, Mrs. Olson."

"Good evening, sweetheart. Up to some sweet treat?" She took the tray of mini cupcakes.

"Ah these are so cute!" I bit one. "Mrs. Olson this is heaven, obviously."

"You called and hang up as you want?" Shireen slowly came downstairs. Her bruises sometimes still held her back.

"Yeah. I did." I gave a sealed envelope.

"What's this?"

"Early Christmas present, or late New Year gift."

"This is July, you're nowhere near of those."

"Just shush." I rolled my eyes.

"Open it, Shireen." Her mom laughed at us.

You should see her reaction. It's beyond this world. I know that excitement. One little joyful gift would cause no harm. Among all people I know would love to receive this gift, she deserved it twice than any of them. Shireen has had many ups and downs in her life, together with her mom. But maybe her mom could receive another treat for that. Now, it's hers.

"Where did you get this!? You said you didn't go!"

"I don't go." I wrapped Mrs. Olson's shoulders. "I'm gonna stay to cook amazing dinner and you're not invited. Now go use the car, get yourself off from my sight before it's late."

"I love you so much."

I chuckled and shed a happy tears. "I love you too."

"Gonna be back with a ton of cool pictures!"

"Better do! We need decoration for store!" I laughed. "Drive safe!"

"Aye!"

I laughed with her mom. Now it's time for second treat, for the one and only amazing mother in the world. The one that's always precious to Shireen. Mrs. Olson - or you may now call Anna. With a little sweet treat she gave me, I'm gonna serve her a big dinner.

"What are you making?"

"Just sit there and watch, Anna. I swear you're gonna love it."

I whistled. Happy. I had my own choice of life that people might never understand. I was thinking to just bury myself with new novel I just bought, but staying here tonight sounds better. I took some fresh chicken from her fridge, a ton of lemon, to make a slow-cooked chicken lemon and fresh salad. A homemade molten chocolate cake with ice cream on top also would be amazing. Thanks to mom I knew some recipes. I did everything done in 1,5 hours.

"Dinner served!" I called Anna.

"Wow smells delicious! What is this?"

"Oh just some deep fried chicken and sauce for appetizer." I sat in front of her. "A big portion of chicken lemon for you, and a little bit touch of salad and cheese..."

"I've never cooked this brilliantly in my life before."

"I'll give you the recipes." I winked. She's an amazing mom.

Long story short, we're exhausted and full with treats tonight. Anna and I decided to watch some cooking shows, did a little critique like some pros, then laughed at it together. I realized it's almost 11:30 PM. Oh there you go. Shireen's back.

"We're home!" She rang the bell.

"I'll do." I stood up to unlock the door. "Did she just say 'we'?"

"I think so, yeah." Anna replied.

"Surpriseeeee!"

And the balloons flew everywhere in the living room. That's shocking, but one more shocking thing with triple times worse than balloons.

Riley.

"I was sad you're not coming." He came up.

"I... Sorry I was..."

"Stop making excuses. I've told them everything why you didn't want to show up." Shireen waved from the kitchen with Toby, cleaning up whatever left on the plates. "You're welcome."

"Oh gosh I'm sorry..."

"Hey Minerva. Finally meet you in person for real now." Connor hugged me. He's really nice.

"Hello Connor. Come on in. They're about to finish the food." I rolled my eyes.

"Go away, kids! I'm gonna bake some more." Anna kicked Shireen and Toby off from kitchen. "Can we go with the panna cota, sweetheart?"

I was frozen. Riley didn't take his eyes off from me.

"Panna cota, sweetheart?" Shireen repeated her mom.

"Oh yes. Yes I think it's cooled already." I awkwardly walked back to the living room.

"I think we should go that way." Riley pulled my hand.

"Eh?"

"Wait! Wait I haven't hugged her!" Toby attacked me with two giant arms. "Hello Mirv. Ah so cool to say 'Mirv', I learned that from Shireen."

"Dork." Connor threw his brother with some nuts.

I walked with Riley to Shireen's swings at her side park. He somewhat has planned it, looking familiar with everything. Meanwhile Riley's looking calm, I battled myself out to also look just fine.

"How's life after some weeks?"

"It's good, yeah."

"Paul?"

I smiled. "He's off to New York."

"Good plan." Riley smiled too. "So, as I have considered you my best friend, I really want to tell you a secret. Will you keep it for me?"

A best friend?

"Sure do."

He smiled again. Just too cute to see. But my heart's already broken halfway, so he might consider to stop smiling too much.