Chapter 8

MINERVA'S P.O.V

"Shireen?" I knocked the door slowly.

"Minerva..." Mrs. Olson hugged me tightly. "She's still not moving."

"I'm sorry." I started to cry. "What did doctor say?"

"Just to sit back and wait."

"That's not enough." Riley added.

"What you're gonna do?"

"Let me speak with the doctor. You stay here. I'll be right back."

Then he left just like that. Of course Mrs. Olson grabbed an easy conclusion that he's my boyfriend. I just couldn't believe he's still here after all. Like once I tried to open a warm conversation in the car, he didn't reply it well. Riley just said he's still going to be here for Shireen and myself.

"Good afternoon." The doctor walked in with Riley.

"Afternoon, doctor." I nodded.

"You're Ms. Minerva, right?"

"Just Minerva."

"Thank you for coming again for her today. Let's see... Would you mind to step aside for a second?"

"No, not at all." I moved to Riley's side.

Doctor was checking Shireen's pulse, eyes, bruised skin, and injected something through her vein. Something I guess he didn't do yesterday. We were waiting for the next 15 minutes, and finally, God bless us, she moved her fingers.

"Shireen!" Mrs. Olson attacked her only daughter.

"M...Mom..."

"Oh my gosh." I shed happy tears.

"Finally." Riley rubbed my shoulders.

"Thank you so much." I mouthed him.

"You're welcome."

My heart's gone crazily emotional to see Shireen, after 3 days straight, finally be able to open her eyes and started a short talk. Doctor said she's still having post-accident phase where sometimes she'll be lost in the moment. A little bit of traumatic emotion. But she's good. We're good.

"Mirv? Is that you?"

"Yes Shir I'm here." I grabbed her hand. "Dammit I'm gonna drive you back and forth, don't argue with me."

"I'm sorry..."

"No don't say that. We're good you're okay." I kissed her forehead.

"Who's...that?"

"Hey Shireen. I'm Riley."

And just still like my sassy Shireen, she choked - meaningfully.

"He helped to get you here with Connor and Toby." I explained.

"Yeah but the rest are working right now. I'm gonna tell them to come over later." Riley continued. "Glad you're okay now."

"Thank you so much Riley. You really helped a lot." Shireen smiled softly.

I let Mrs. Olson having a good amount of time with her daughter as Riley and I were staying at the hospital cafe for late lunch. I also have called Todd and Joshua to let them know Shireen's awake. They're gonna tell Paul whatsoever I don't care. Riley, in the other hand, was still very helpful. He made sure I got the proper lunch - the one I haven't done in a while. He didn't talk much. Just being all gentle and mysterious.

"I'm happy you have released that relieved sigh." He smiled.

"Shireen made me worry." I nodded. "Uh...if I may, what did you say to the doctor?"

"Nothing much, actually. Just a little discussion. Doctor wanted to give Shireen a small booster injection to fasten her recovery. She was recovering during that long sleep, but we gotta hurry the real recovery as well, this one while she's awake. He wasn't sure about the treatment."

"And you were...?"

"Convincing him to do so. I happen to read this treatment before so we discussed it."

I smiled. My heart's gone crazy. He's one smart guy. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"So...you're planning to leave soon?"

I finally asked that. Took a lot of effort to let it all out. Last 3 days with Riley was actually amazing. Aside from unhappy moment we had here, he's a good companion. I felt like have known him a long time. And yes, let's be honest, it's not cool to lose a company after some great days of togetherness.

"Music and tour keep us on wheels."

"Good luck with everything then."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

"Shall I drive you home?"

"But I want to still be here with them..." I frowned.

"You know what the nurse says. Come back tomorrow."

 I sighed. Hospital and their rules. "Alright."

We brought along other two cups of coffee, and he drove me home. He took a good Philly directory lesson. Time check, almost dinner time. I should give my parents some credits too for letting me out of their sight for few days now. I haven't seen Elena either except last night when I opened the door for her. I've missed home. So I decided to come home this early to cook dinner for them.

"You don't want to stop over?"

"Unfortunately no I can't. We should get going."

"Thanks for everything. For stopping by and helping us. I owe you so much."

"Actually..." Riley got cut in the throat. "I kinda dreamed about you last night."

I almost burst my coffee out. What?

"Dream about what?"

"The way we met. It's like a movie rewind."

I still got the same exact dream like I've been having for a while. What the heck is going on.

"That should be cool, shouldn't it?" I chuckled. All damn nervous.

"Just one weird night. I think I was too tired." He smiled. "See you later."

"See you later."

"Can I come over when I go back to Philly?"

"Anytime will be great." I nodded. "Next time I'll serve a dinner for you guys."

"Noted."

Riley opened the door for me, helped me out, and pulled me into his bear hug for a minute or two. I felt his warmth. That smell of his body, it's one signature fragrance I've recognized much because every dream gave the same details. Funny, how I realized it's all the same with what I had in my dreams. And this happened as well. This long hug. We breathe in and out in the same rhythm. He kissed top of my head. Just one emotional goodbye which would turn awkward if I ever showed my true emotion.

"Bye bye."

"Bye, Riley."

I moved few steps aback, to let him drive away first. I put my eyes on his details. The way he buckled himself. The hair flip before the engine started. A little signature nod and smile. And finally, the left-hand wave.

"People said that when you dream about somebody, actually that person dreams the same thing." Riley shocked me with his words. "Did you dream the same?"

And left. He left before I could answer.

But it's a yes, Ri.