1.3

It had been a month since Spencer had moved into the school and Casey along with Katalina were still cold and quite distant with Spencer and Stephanie. Not for lack of trying on either of their parts. 

That night as both teens were in their room, Spencer looked over and saw Casey staring at a picture. Never one for giving up on something he had put his mind to he spoke "what's the picture of?" 

Casey looked at Spencer and sighed "my mother, my uncle, and my father." 

"Niklaus?" 

"Fuck no," Casey growled. "I'm over 500 years old Spencer and my father never once saw me or spoke to me. My mother took care of me and she was running from my father. My uncle then took me in and I didn't let them in for months but my god was Kata persistent." 

Both boys chuckled "like me." 

"Yeah," Casey nodded. "Like you." Casey looked at Spencer seriously for a moment "look, I've seen you try and get close to me this past month. I'm over 500 years old and a Mikaelson Pierce no matter how much I try to deny my Mikaelson blood. Paranoia, skepticism, and untrusting behavior are in our blood." 

"I know," Spencer spoke meeting Casey's eyes. "I don't care. I want to get to know you and break down those walls you have up." 

"You already have." Spencer's eyes widened as Casey spoke and smiled at him. "You did it weeks ago. I know that Kata likes Stephanie as well." 

"Why?" Spencer spoke confused as Casey just looked at him. "Why, did you remain cold if I broke through weeks ago?" 

"Because I wanted to see if you would keep trying," Casey spoke seriously. He then looked down "I wanted to see if you would choose to continue trying." 

Spencer nodded "and what do you think now?" 

Casey smiled "I think you would've continued to be fiercely annoying." Both boys looked at each other and laughed glad that there was just peace between them.  

Spencer continued to smile "so tell me how in the hell the psychotic Mikaelson became your father?" 

"That's an interesting story," Casey chuckled as he remembered his uncle first appearing. "Kol first appeared in the 1800s after he had gotten out of the box and discovered that Katherine had a child with Klaus. Kol had always felt like the black sheep, the unwanted in the Mikaelson family, and refused to let it happen to me. So he randomly showed up one day scaring the crap out of me. He gave me this necklace," Spencer looked at the necklace that Casey was showing him which was a Celtic knot. "it became a family thing Kol has a matching one only black, Davina has one in gold, James has one in bronze, Katherine has one in orange, and Katalina has one in purple. It's our promise to always be family." 

Spencer smiled "that's beautiful Case, and I can see why you love them so much." Casey nodded as Spencer sighed "my mother is Caroline Forbes and my father is Stefan Salvatore. My mother abandoned me after my father died." 

Casey's eyes widened "wait, Stefan Salvatore?" Spencer nodded then Casey spoke seriously "Spencer, through centuries I talked to Kol even while he was daggered because I'm a medium, I can see and talk to ghosts. Your father died here, his ghost is here along with your aunt Lexi." 

Spencer's eyes widened as well "I thought he would have found peace by now." 

"Are you crazy?" Casey spoke incredulously. "he would have if it weren't for you. You are his son, he refuses to find peace until you're happy and you do. He loves you. Your aunt Lexi as well, when Stefan refused to come with her she left peace to stay with him." 

Spencer processed what Casey had just said: "they're here?"

Casey nodded "yes, when they appear again, I'll try to make them visible so you can talk to them." 

Spencer couldn't help but hug Casey tightly as tears flowed down his cheeks. He couldn't believe that his father had refused peace to look after him and his aunt Lexi had left peace to stay with his father. After his mother hadn't chosen him, he thought no one would but both his aunt and his father had before he had even known it.  

Casey for his part just held him close and kissed his hair. He knew what it felt like to feel like no one wanted him or cared to choose him. He also knew the relief it felt to have that first-person choose you no matter what. For Casey Mikaelson it was Kol Mikaelson who had risked his brother's wrath for him over and over. For Spencer Salvatore, it was Stefan Salvatore, the father who had chosen to remain a ghost rather than find peace. 

As the two boys sat there in each other's arms, it was like they could physically feel the bond between them strengthening as they tore down all of their walls realizing how similar they were. 

No one would know that but this was the beginning of Spencer Salvatore and Casey Mikaelson's love that would transcend everything mind control, nightmares, humanity switches, and even death.