Chapter 15

Ruaan

↻  ◁  II  ▷  ↺ 0:00------O-------------4:18

4th February, 2024.
Lucknow.

Hamir ran towards both of them and stopped right infront of karishma. He looked at her from up to down to confirm if she was really karishma..and yes she was the same karishma.

He hugged her tightly not wanting to let her go this time. His sudden gesture startled karishma but she gradually kept her hands on his back and patted him showing that she missed him too. All this while haseena was really shocked at the scenario.

Hamir broke the hug , "tum bahar kab aayi?" He asked as he held her shoulders. "Lagbhag one year" she mumbled. Both of them not paying any attention to the shocked haseena.

"Ek minute ye ho kya rha h? Kaise jante h aaplog ek dusre ko?" She asked in shock and finally both of them looked at her.

"Are Haan..wo..main aur karishma best friends h bachpan se" Hamir said still holding onto karishma like if he leaves her hand she'll vanish. Karishma though not the touchy type was still feeling content at heart meeting him after she thought she'll never meet him again.

"Par kaise?" Haseena asked in confusion and Hamir took a deep breath. "Yaad h jab bachpan me main bahut shaitani kerta tha aur dad ne mujhe boarding school bhej diya tha..Kashmir main? Wahi mile the hum dono" he said with a sad smile at the good old memories.

"Tum kaise mili isse?" He asked his sister, "but wait first of all thank you haseena. Agar tum isse nhi mili hoti to shayad..shayad main isse dobara kabhi nhi mil pata" he almost whispered the last line and looked at karishma again with moist eyes , who pulled him for a light hug again understanding very well how he is feeling.

"But Bhai you could have paid attention! She lives just opposite to us" haseena exclaimed shocking Hamir. "Matlab humara to chalta h hum India main hi nhi the aap to yahi the na? Aap fir bhi nhi mile?" She asked with a Chuckle.

"Aur tum dono?.." Karishma looked between them expectantly. "Are meri choti behen h" hamir introduced and Karishma nodded , though it was all too much for all of them.

So I said I like you to my bestfriend's sister?! Great?

She thought. "Well it's not entirely his fault. Hum logo ko jitna ho sake avoid kerte h. I don't even come out much , so that's why isne kabhi dekha nhi hoga mujhe" karishma clarified.

"This is all just so..." Haseena began , "coincidental and surprising?" Hamir completed the sentence.

"Thik h I suppose the long lost best friends need plenty of time to catch up , aap dono baatein kariye hum fresh hoke aate h" haseena said leaving the two alone.

As she left hamir smiled at karishma and hugged her once again not wanting to let her go making karishma smile a little at his possessiveness.

"How are you?" He asked breaking the hug.

"Just like the last time" she replied shortly. Ice queen!

"Karishma maine tujhe bahut dhunda , main kashmir jail bhi gya tha , but they had already shifted you somewhere else and then I lost connection. I am looking for you since last 10 years! I'm so sorry I- I just-"

"Itna load mat le , relax. I didn't expect you to find me you know. Mujhe laga nhi ..mujhe lakin tha ki mere liye koi nhi aayega. Kyuki Mera koi kabhi tha hi nhi..but I really really appreciate your efforts" she interrupted his apology.