Chapter 8: Illusion or reality

Miss Joyclyn knew her reaction wasn't going to be the most receptive, having to deal with such an unexpected surprise. Rae panicked having Evealyn slumped over on her worried why she isn't waking up, desperately trying to shake her awake. "Stop, you might give her brain damage by shaking her so much." He too was startled not expecting her to faint all of a sudden. Yet is worried that more rae's panicked shaking her will do more damage than good. Rae, still in a panic, not used to people fainting so often, "Miss Joce, what, what do we do she won't wake up."

"Don't worry child, she'll wake up when she's ready. Let's just take her to her room for now." Rae is still confused but with Dylan trying to comfort, calms down enough to hold Evealyn by the arms while Dylan takes her legs. They both walk her to the house through the kitchen door, Marianne's voice loudly exclaiming what happened to her. Miss Joyclyn took a moment to let out a breath she had been holding, coming out more as a heavy sigh. Misty stood beside her swaying her tail in the grass

"Meowr"

"You're right, this was a bad idea." They both stared at the direction the twins left, Miss Joyclyn gets the strength to walk in. Misty follows behind her.

"Misty you know you're not allowed in here." Marianne says seeing her trailing behind Miss Joyclyn who looks back at the striped feline. "Let her come in, she's just as worried about Eve as any of us." Marianne is skeptical but lets it pass "As long as she doesn't walk around the kitchen."

"I'm sure she won't be much trouble." Miss Joclyn says as she makes her way through the house walking up the stairs.

Evealyn opens her eyes, finding herself sitting at her desk back at work. Believing that she might have blanked out for a moment, while working on an important document for the meeting. Feeling it was unlike herself, to be daydreaming while at work. Not even able to remember what she was daydreaming about, shrugging it off. One of her colleagues reaches over to hand her a file, getting paralyzed when she goes to take it. "Evealyn, what's wrong?" The colleague asks in concern seeing her start to hyperventilate. Concerned, the colleague reaches out her hand asking again what's the matter, only to get it slapped away shocked. "Get away from me!" Evealyn says in a loud panic that it makes everyone else around them confused.

Unbenounced to them what Evealyn saw was not her colleague, it was a figure that had bones showing through it's torn leathery skin. It's face melted and drooped on one side, and the other was a sinister smile. Its mouth seemingly slit or torn open all the way to its ear, and a strange black liquid oozing from it and its hollow eyes. Frightened looking at the creature, she jolts when someone taps her shoulder. Turning around to see it was her supervisor, who notices her condition decided it's best she be excused from partaking in the meeting. Suggesting that she goes on leave for a bit after this incident.

All Evealyn could hear were the words "you're crazy, we don't need you here anymore." Taking her back to her parents after a month of having her back to her to psychiatrists. They kept giving her medicine that made her feel nauseated and dizzy, oftentimes disoriented. "I think we should have left her with your mother." Hearing her mother say that broke something in her. Believing that it's because she's not normal and it's her fault they don't want her after having her back in their lives. Feeling something warm run down her face, it's like acid on her skin.

Miss Joyclyn sighed, she knew that her mental state wasn't stable enough to reveal anything. At best she hoped that Evealyn would be too upset with her loss to enter her room. Feeling that she underestimated her grand-daughter's love for her. "I knew this wouldn't end well." Rae sitting under the blue curtain by Evealyn's bed is worried for Evealyn, wondering was it really that much to make her faint? Hoping that she would wake up soon, but is also scared about what will happen when she wakes up. Dylan is worried looking in the direction of Rae by Evealyn's side. His worry didn't only lie with Evealyn but also Rae, he knows what she is thinking. Seeing the anxiety running over her face for more reasons than one. Dylan looks over to Miss Joce "What do you think will happen when she wakes up."