10~ The Talk

A few days have passed since Namjoon last saw Siri and caught his wife cheating. He's been wanting to talk to Halsey, but annoyingly, she's been avoiding him.

At this point, he knew the best thing for them was to divorce. There's no point staying in a marriage if the love just wasn't there anymore, and especially if they've both found other people they'd rather be with.

"Namjoon?" He heard Halsey's voice coming from the kitchen as he entered their home after finishing work.

"Hey, you're home early?" he said to her while taking off his shoes at the front door. He didn't think she would be home since she's usually 'working late.'

"Yeah, um... I think we need to talk."

Hearing her say that surprised Namjoon. He thought this was it. This was the talk he had been hoping to have with his wife lately. He didn't think she would be the one to initiate it first, though. She's had all these months to say something, so he wondered why she wanted to talk now.

Namjoon walked through the hallway entrance leading into their open-plan kitchen and lounge area where he saw Halsey sitting on one of the kitchen barstools, looking a little solemn. He was a little anxious now as he wondered how this talk was going to go.

"I've actually been meaning to talk with you," he tells her.

"Come sit," she says as she pats the stool next to her, giving Namjoon a small smile that didn't reach her eyes. He sits next to her and watches her fidget with her hands nervously. She then lets out a deep sigh. "So I um... I need to confess something first..."

Namjoon's heart raced as he knew what was coming. It seemed like she was struggling with getting her words out, though. She was looking everywhere but at him, and he could see her eyes going glossy.

Namjoon felt sympathetic for her in that moment. This was obviously really hard for her and she must have been struggling to tell him this for a while. He decided to take hold of her hands to comfort her. He knows she cheated first and chipped away at his heart these past couple of months, but she's his first love and there'll always be a part of him that cares for her.

"Halls, if this is about you and Yoongi, then I already know."

Halsey sat up straight and stared at Namjoon dumbfounded. "Y-you knew? When?"

"I haven't known for long. I only found out last week. Went to drop off some dinner for you, but saw you and him together."

"Oh god! Joonie, I'm so sorry!" she started to cry in her hands. "I w-wanted to tell you for so long, b-but I— I just c-couldn't!"

"Halls..." Namjoon hugged her to his chest where she continued to bawl. His heart ached hearing her cry like this. She's never cried like this before.

After a minute or two, she calmed down and just poured everything out.

"The threesome was a lie." She sniffled and wiped her eyes. "Yoongi and I had been working together for a few months before I suggested it. It was thrilling and exciting to have another man want me, and I thought if I somehow got you to let me have sex with him by suggesting a threesome, then I'd get the sexual attraction and excitement out of my system. But then I don't know how, but after that night, the attraction just grew. And then we just kept doing it! And then we caught feelings! I didn't mean for it to happen, but it did..."

"It's okay, Halls. I get it." And Namjoon really did understand. Same thing basically happened with him and Siri, except he had slightly better control it seems.

She shook her head. "No, it's not okay, Joon," she said with guilt laced in her words. "You are honestly the perfect husband— so supportive, always there for me, always caring and loving— and there I go and just fall for someone else! And I can't even explain how it happened!"