Chapter V: An Endearment of Lightning

Thinking of the realms that disassociate me

The weeds and bushes are merely just shadows

Shadows that cannot oppose

Lingering and stalking like an ocean drowning

The sand

Yet, I want to understand

Why that shadow always left a strand

Expanding like a monster

Taking away sisters and brothers of a different kind

Entwined with thoughts of despair

And, I'm just trying to breathe air

Air in which we breathe passes by like trains and cars. Colette wrote the poem in her journal and came up with melodies in her bedroom, humming to those written words. She checked her phone. On the news, reports have stated that aborted fetuses could be implanted through stem cells within a woman's womb for a second chance of life. Whenever time was manipulated, it could be manifested in one's own favor or the universe's favor. In this case, time was manifested in Raphael's favor - he was keen to see whether the aborted fetus could be transplanted into Colette's body. Raphael stood outside the house waiting for Colette to come outside. She remembered that she was to meet him at 1:00 PM.

The fetus was in store - they had time-traveled to the last moment of the abortion through Raphael's watch. He had told her to keep the fact in secrecy, yet Colette could not remember all the details. They were unable to travel to Peter Reed for the scene was disgraceful and evidently dismissing. 

She arrived earlier in the outdoors. 

"We have an appointment at 1:15, Colette. Let's hurry." He opened the door to the cab. It was a cold morning in New York. They shivered in their seats as the regular folks strolled past their fast car.

Colette did not say a word. She was in ashes for losing her child. Three years into the past, she did not know a thing.

Colette and Raphael had arrived to the lab where aborted fetuses were stored. These fetuses were used for medical research in labs to test vaccines.

A lady with orange hair was the receptionist, while several men in lab coats were standing near the left door of the receptionist's desk. The hallways expanded to many laboratories that tested the fate of mankind.

A man stared at Raphael's watch which he ignored - he knew that no one had any evidence against him.

"Hi, we have an appointment at 1:15." Colette smiled.

"Yes, have a seat." The receptionist said robotically.

They sat across the receptionist desk with a wide space in between them and the desk. Raphael checked his phone, scrolling through emails as Colette anxiously waited. Twenty minutes had passed.

"Ms. Colette Nowa." Another woman stated from the right door of the receptionist.

"Yes!"

"Come with me to my office." Her orange hair matched her orange glasses. Her office even had a color scheme or light orange.

"Legally, we are able to give you the cells, However, due to the contract from the abortion clinic, we are unable to give you the cells at this time."

Colette was tearing up in her eyes.

"What can we do? That is my baby. I saw on the news today that I can deliver the same child with those cells. You guys are monsters."