blood of an angel

Chapter 9

After two days of them waiting for Elleanor to wake, Allen decided that he needs to go to work. As much as he wants to stay and watch over his mother with Lucifer... it won't be a good idea to ignore his job when he needs the money to buy for his mother's newly added medicine.

He sighs in resignation as he looks at his partner sitting next to him at the dining table slowly eating the pancakes he made the both of them for breakfast. "I... I need to get back to work, they already have someone to replace me with if I don't show up another day." He looked to see the blonde had stopped eating his pancakes, giving him his full attention.

"I know that it's a bit too much to ask, given that you spending time with my mother is very different from me leaving you here to take care of her but-", He suddenly felt a finger being pressed on his lips, effectively shutting him up.

"Al, I love your mother dearly like I would love the angel that took care of me when I had just been created by God. She treats me like I'm family, and honestly? Even if you hadn't asked me to take care of her I still would've done so regardless." The blonde said with a serious look on his face before it softened as he saw the tears flowing from the brunette's face.

Lucifer stood from his seat, moving to stand behind the taller man as he wraps his arms around the other's shoulders letting him cry on his sleeve.

After a moment of Allen letting his emotions out, Lucifer looks at the brunette's watch to see that it was almost time for him to be live on air.

"You need to get going, I already packed your lunch." The blonde said as he handed over the lunch box to Allen as he stood up. "Take care dear-" he was about to give the blonde a kiss on the forehead when the other man suddenly rushed up the stairs then came back down tying a bow on his collar.

"Really, you almost forgot your bow tie!" He grumbled as he hurriedly tied the bow as neat as he would usually tie it for him. "Thank you sweetheart, I don't know what I could've done if you weren't here for me." His smile didn't quite reach his eyes making the blonde look at him in concern before he touched the taller man's face showing him a toothy grin.

"Remember Al, even if things are looking down for us at the moment, we need to keep our heads held high and be positive. At least, that's what your mother would've wanted us to do, okay?" Allen nodded at him, his smile a bit less strained than before as he kissed the blonde's forehead, "I'll try my best to think positively about this. Now I best be going before I miss the ride." He rushes out the door while looking at his watch, "Good luck!" The blonde yelled waving at him as he caught the ride to his work place waving back at him.

He walks back inside the house cleaning up the table before he went to check on Elleanor who they had moved to her bed yesterday so she won't be uncomfortable when she wakes.

When he sees that she was still unconscious he tidies up the make shift bed they had on the floor where they slept last night, He then opens the curtains and let's the sun light filter into the room. He looks back to see her pale face, staring at her as he sits on the edge of the bed waiting... Hoping for her eyes to open.

He can't help but feel sympathy for her after all the things she went through in the past, all the stories about the abuse... And now this.

Elleanor had told him about Allen's habit of thinking negatively whenever something bad happens in their life. Especially when her husband was still alive, she'd told him how he would abuse her and Allen whenever he'd come home drunk. He would yell at her and hit her for every little mistake she makes in the house, and when he turns to do the same to Allen... She can't stand by and watch her baby get hurt, so she shields him and takes most of the beatings instead.