Vogue Arabia interview

⚪ JENNA COLLINS'   INTERVIEW    WITH    VOGUE ARABIA   & BRITISH VOGUE.
May 6, 2021
JENNA COLLINS TOLD ABOUT HER RACE. SHE CONFESSED HER FEELINGS WITH US:

I was born in Castleford, where's west of Yorkshire. I lived in a small street which is was popular for mixed races. But despite that, I was bullied because of my skin, my race and my weight by many people there. And 'cause of my skin and race, they said bad things about me, they did hurt me, and I was just... so weak to talk back to them. I was only who had strong mixed race at my class, and it made me very different by everyone else. Actually, my father was white Irish man with Irish-English-Belgian roots, who always was respectful to other [raced] people. My mother was a real mixed race. She was born in Haiti, but also was a mix of Egyptian and Jordanian descent. Although she was half arab, she wasn't a muslim, but she was very close to them, the beliefs was close. But her parents and grandparents was. My dad died when I only was 13. He teached me a lot of things. And when my mom died, it felt like all light turn off for me. It really hit me hard. I miss both of them so much. I actually, 3 years ago also find out that my mum's great-grandmother was a latina woman, she was from Guandeloupe. That's really cool, being from  differnt heritages are so hard, but also so amazing and proud.
    So after my dad's death, mum, siblings and I moved to Holmes Chapel, where's my mum lived after moving there from Haiti. We lived with my aunt and cousins, and these times of my life was fun. I also made a lot of friends there, that was a plus for me, in a good meaning. I always thought that I will always get a judgments about my race until I met with Harry [Styles] and his family in there. He helped me to being confident a lot. I was very happy around him and other a few close friend who I love them still. I was.. kind of prouder girl around them. And before and even after that, my aunt was always encouraged me to being confident and self-love. With my aunt, my grandma helped me too. When I was child, my grannie always told me a stories of Arabs, Haitians and about my other races. She really made me love and proud of my race. When I went to X-Factor, I was very excited and nervous, because I thought, what if I was only one who's mixed race one? And then I met those girls: Jade, Leigh, Jesy and Perrie. They taught me a lot of things too.
    I really thankful to that people who.. helped me to being better of me. I went from shy to confident and that helped me in my life a lot. Now I am proud of me by a lot of things: my career, my successes, my self-love proving, my body and my race. "

A/N: Hey, loveys. I inspired it from Jade's interview with Vogue Arabia. Hope you'll like :)  
Lots of love <3
LM_Jade1024