chapter six

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

CHAPTER SIX

Malapit na mag-February.

Ang bilis ng oras. Parang noong isang araw lang ay umpisa ng second semester tapos ngayon, malapit na maging February.

It's lowkey scary to think that time's going so fast because - now to think about it, in several months, third year students na kami, malapit na kami mag-OJT tapos sunod we're graduating students.

It's scary to think that I'm halfway in finishing my studies. Parang kahapon lang, takot na takot akong maging college student - I mean it's college, just the thought of it is scary.

Tapos ngayon, I'm halfway into my college life.

Parang kahapon lang, nag-aapply ako sa university na 'to tapos ngayon gustong-gusto ko nang makaalis dito.

Time flies so fast, it's kind of overwhelming to the point na bigla ka na lang mapapaisip ng kung ano na ba mangyayari sa future mo.

To be honest, the future scares me. I don't know why. There's something about it that's so unpredictable. Ayaw ko pa naman sa mga bagay na uncertain.

Thinking about the future is like being in a little dark room, so dark that no light can be seen. Thinking about the future is like crawling in that dark room with no idea of what's with you or what's going to happen to you in that little dark room.

I don't like the feeling of being uncertain towards something. It makes me so uneasy, nervous... anxious.

Gusto ko may ka-siguraduhan ako sa mga bagay-bagay sa buhay ko.

And the future is clearly the opposite of it.

Maybe that's the thing about the future. Hindi ka sigurado sa mga mangyayari kaya it's so scary. It's supposed to be like that.

Especially when you are in the stage of adulting. No one prepared you for the future.

Now as you think about the future, you get pressured.

It's so overwhelming.

You get anxious, wondering about whether you're going to be successful in the future or what. Especially if you're having doubts with the path you take.

That's my case.

At my age of twenty, hindi ko alam kung tama ba ang mga ginagawa ko sa buhay ko. Minsang napapatanong na lang ako kung may patutunguhan pa ba 'tong direksyon na tinahak ko o wala...

Hindi ko naman masagot dahil wala rin akong alam. Ang alam ko lang na gawain ay to go with the flow of life.

I felt powerless battling with destiny kasi alam ko naman na talo na ako. Mahirap kalabanin ang alam mong wala kang laban.