𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮

"Do you really think he could be having an affair?" Angela asks her in disbelief as they sit in a car, watching Tim sit in a café alone.

"I don't know, it's possible, isn't it?" Dolly replied she couldn't be too sure of herself as she watched him sit there alone in the café. The last couple of weeks had been hell, she knew he wasn't having an affair but she had been so convinced of it that she hadn't been able to shake the thoughts that kept creeping up.

It started when he changed the passcode to his phone in the past few weeks, using his phone when hers had died to search for a recipe she needed, the passcode striking an unwavering thought into her.

And then the messages began, the phone buzzing on the nightstand and him being quick to snatch it up.

And then the phone calls that he'd leave the room for, and it was driving her out of her mind. Did she risk confronting him and potentially ruining their marriage once again?

What if it was nothing and she was just thinking too much into it? Yes of course he was entitled to privacy and she should've expected that things wouldn't have been the same since they got back together but the fear that he'd met someone else while they were separated weighed on her heart heavily, so now she and Angela were sat in a car, with binoculars in her hand.

Dolly had been going absolutely crazy the past few weeks, her insecurities were running rampant and she felt like her suspicions were eating her alive. She didn't know what she would do if her worst fears were confirmed, but she couldn't go another moment without knowing the truth.

That was why she had convinced Angela to come along, she had told her it was ridiculous but that she needed reassurance. The thought of seeing him meet with another woman would make her sick, it already was just seeing him sitting there alone.

She was watching every move he made, not taking her eyes off of him for even a second. She was convinced that any movement he made was a sign of him meeting someone else, even just the way he held his cup of coffee.

Dolly had been convinced she was just being paranoid, that there was no way that he was cheating on her, but she was also having a hard time trying to convince even herself. She needed confirmation that whatever he was doing in that café was innocuous, and she was determined to get it.

But as she watched a woman walk into the cafe and up to Tim's table she felt her heart drop to her stomach, all she could see was the back of the woman's head, sitting down at the table as she had a cup of coffee brought over to her by a worker.

Dolly's heart continued to sink as she saw the woman sit down at the table with Tim, she felt like she was going to throw up even though she was still a distance away. She couldn't help but zoom in on the woman's head, but couldn't make out any other features yet.

"Pass me those," Angela snatched the binoculars out of her hands as Dolly watched the scene, only being able to hear her blood flow in her ears, her chest taking shaky breaths.

Angela took the binoculars and looked through them herself, she started to zoom in on the woman at the table. The moment of tension felt like it was going to be too much for them both, as Dolly simply waited for her friend to tell her the outcome.

"Oh my god," Angela finally said, her voice low and shaky just as Dolly's had been.

"Just tell me what's going on, please," Dolly begged her, the tension and fear within her growing as she waited to hear what her friend had seen through the binoculars.