10. Dead parents

-

-

A shrilling scream echoed throughout the quiet house, and Kiara looked at JJ with wide eyes, "That was my mom."

JJ stared at Kiara for a second before he looked at the door and his hand reached out, grabbing the door handle. "Let's go check it out."

Kiara's hand shot out, and grabbed JJ'S arm, "No. I'll go, you stay here, it might be nothing, my mom screams when she sees spiders, if my parents see you, they'll freak."

JJ nodded, and relased the door handle, and backed up. "Hey, Be careful." JJ told her, and Kiara slightly smiled, nodding her head.

"I will. You stop bleeding on my floor." Kiara pulled open her door and walked out of her room, closing the door behind her.

JJ pulled out a bandana from his back pocket and wrapped it around his arm, the bandana greedily soaked in the blood.

He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to Rafe before he put his phone away, and he glanced around Kiara's room.

He's never been to Kiara's room before.

- -

Kiara headed downstairs, her steps were slow and quiet. The house was dark and felt oddly eerie. Her heart hammered in her chest, and she took a small deep breath as she made it to bottom floor.

"Mom? Dad? You guys okay?" Kiara questioned, her voice slightly loud but it wasn't a shout or a yell.

Kiara walked down the dark hallway, "Mom? Dad?" She called out again, but there was no reply.

Kiara paused as she neared the living room. Her pulse was quickening as she a trail of something leading into the living room.

She forced herself to take a step forward before she stepped into the living room, her eyes went wide as she took in the scene.

There was blood covering every inch of the living room, every furniture, everything, and Kiara saw a trail leading out of the living room, and she forced herself to follow it.

Her heart was pounding loudly in her chest, she could feel it in her ears, the blood trail lead to the front door. It was wide open, and Kiara walked out into the porch.

A scream tore through her throat and JJ was by her side in less than a minute. "Kie, what's wrong.." JJ cut himself off as he spotted Kiara's parents hanging from a tree, their guts spilled, and their lifeless eyes stared at them.