7~ Are you scared of other invisible people

Lainey

As we walk towards Owen's car, I remember a little bit of information I overshared a few moments ago. "Uh, Owen before we leave, I need to stop by the locker room."

He unlucks his car and a tiny smirk begins to take form on his lips, "Why?"

I fold my arms across my chest. "I need some different clothes."

He opens his door,  "Well if it makes you feel any better, I couldn't tell you don't have a bra on."

My mouth falls open and my hand remains on the door from pure shock.

I don't know what bothers me more. Him bluntly telling me that or the fact he even so much as looked at me in that area.

Once I calm myself I open the door and plop down, "What's wrong, did I embarrass you?" Owen asks.

I glare at him as I snap, "No."

"Well, your face says something totally different," Owen mumbles.

White hot rage shoots through me, from the fact that he knows he embarrassed me, That I let him see I was embarrassed.

As he stops the car outside the locker room I open the door and jump out. "You know, I figured you would have a bra lying around in here somewhere."

Owen's face darkens, "I'm sure it wouldn't fit you."

It takes everything I have to keep my face from flaming as I slowly close his door and walk towards the school.

That right there is why I hate Owen Huntly, he is arrogant, cocky, and doesn't care about anyone, but himself.

So, what my chest area is a little smaller than average? At least I can run comfortably, I think to myself.

~~~~

The locker room was empty when I went in, so I opened my locker grabbed a spare sports bra and threw it on. I also pulled my flat curls into a high pony.

As I walk back to his car I pull at my hair, there is one strand that is too tight and it hurts.

I sigh, the problems girls have to go through; Owen definitely wouldn't understand.

When I climb back in Owen has sunglasses on and the radio blasting, so I simply watch out the window as he drives.

It takes him a while to find a parking space but once he does, we silently get out and walk into the hospital. Each step makes my stomach tighten more. 

Owen leads me to the emergency wing and points at the hall behind the front desk, "Your future awaits."

I glance towards him, "You're not coming."

He tightens his lips, "No. You know, this seems like a you thing."

"Well, I can't go by myself," I whisper.

He tilts his head, "I don't see why not, you are invisible."

"What if there are other invisible people," I hiss.

I notice him shake his head gently, "Are you scared of seeing other invisible people?"

There's a lot of death in hospitals and I have no idea if I can see ghosts. Quite frankly I would rather not find out.

I huff, "Yes."

Owen sighs and walks to the front desk, "I'm here to see, Lainey Smit."

The lady looks him over and frowns, "I'm sorry only family is allowed to see her."

Owen grits his teeth, "I'm a close friend of Lainey's."

She simply shakes her head, "I'm sorry, sir."

Owens's eyes get glint to them as if an idea just entered his mind, "Look ma'am, I am a very close friend of Lainey's." The voice he uses tells me what he's planning.

The lady tilts her head in question and Owen sighs, "I'm her lover."

Oh my freaking gosh he did not just say that!

Her throat bobs and her cheeks heat, "Lainey's parents don't know about me, and you can just imagine my concern when I see that my princess, my woman, my other half is in the hospital in a coma."

Owen has definitely mastered the art of charming women, he tilts his head ever so slightly so a stray strand of hair brushes his eyebrow. And with one smile he has her breath quickening. It is absurd that women fall for men like this.

It takes every ounce of self-control not to grab the part of him that allows air to fill his lungs and squeeze. Tightly.

The receptionist nods and quickly tells him my room number. He slaters down the hall with me close on his heels. Once we're out of earshot I say, "Is there something wrong with you?"

He gives me a look of confusion, "I don't know what you're talking about?"

"You just told her you're my freaking boyfriend," I hiss.

"I'm pretty sure I said lover but the same thing nonetheless," He responds with unfaltering arrogance.

"Now she'll tell my family," I growl.

Owens stops at my room and smiles, "Oh relax Little Lainey, your family won't find out."

I shove past him and when I see myself lying in a hospital bed all the air leaving my lungs.

~~~~

Owen

When Lainey sees herself lying in a hospital bed it takes all the color from her face. The complete opposite of what it was moments ago.

I knew telling the receptionist I was her boyfriend would kill Lainey. I'll never forget the look on her face when I called her my lover.
Now it's like someone flipped a switch on her mood.

I shut the door to her room and sit down in a chair near the bed.

Lainey's eyes slide over to me and I give her a weak smile, "What do I do?" She asks.

I shrug, "I don't know I've never been in this situation before."

She rolls her eyes and slowly walks to the bed. "Maybe you should grab your hand," I say softly.

Lainey reaches for her hand but she can't seem to pick it up. Every time she touches it her hand slips through it. As if Lainey's not even there.

Her shoulders stiffen and a shaky breath escapes her lips, "Why can't I touch my hand."

I stand, "Maybe you are a ghost."

She glares at me, "I'm not a damn ghost."

"Then what are you?" I ask.

Her shoulders cave inward and she looks down, "I don't know." She finally looks back up, "But I know I'm not dead."

The clock beside her bed catches my eyes, or I more of notice the time, "Maybe we should leave," I run a hand through my hair. "You can stay the night at my house and then you can figure out what you want to do in the morning."

I watch her face as she thinks about my offer. Taking her to my house was the last thing I wanted to do, but I couldn't just leave her here even if she is a ghost.

She nods, and we leave the hospital.

I hope you all enjoy!!