13~ Awe, is girl time over

Lainey

After Owen leaves I grab his phone off the bed and text Maize.

Me: I'm sorry I told him about Trey.

The second Maize's phone dings she gasps and reads the text. "Okay, this is some messed up shit," Maize exclaims.

Me: Nope, just me texting you.

Maize snorts, "So, that stupid wish came true."

Me: It did indeed.

"What did Owen say when he found out you had a huge crush on him?" Maize asks.

I sigh, of course, that's the first thing that pops into her mind.

Me: He doesn't know about the crush, he thinks the wish was about some guy that had the same name as him.

Maize laughs and even though she can't see me I roll my eyes. "I am shocked he believed that load of crap."

Me: I don't think he believes the wish came true at all no matter who it was about.

"What do you think happened?" Maize asks, she looks at her bed, almost the exact spot I'm sitting.

My fingers hover over the keyboard.

What do I think happened? The wish seems like the only explanation, but what if Owen is right? What if I died, what if I'm a ghost?

Me: I don't know what to think. Owen thinks I'm a ghost.

Maize stares at her phone, white as a ghost. Or if Huntley was here he would say she was as white as me. "Lainey, you're not a ghost," Maize says softly.

Me: I hope not.

Because if I am a ghost then that means I'm... dead.

Maize rolls her eyes, "Whatever you are I'm going to find a way to get you back to normal."

I smile, that is exactly why I wanted her to know. If anyone can help me Maize can or she will find someone who can.

Maize takes out her laptop and starts typing, "I think you may have upset Owen."

I roll my eyes.

Me: Do you think I care?

The sound of her typing pauses as she looks at her phone. "Lainey, you should care. Whether you like it or not you are stuck with him for the time being."

I sigh, I know I'm stuck with him. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings earlier, I just needed to talk with Maize alone. He should understand that, right?

Me: He'll get over it.

Maize chuckles, "How has it been, I know you are mortal enemies?"

Me: At first we fought a lot, but now we are trying to be nicer. It's just hard being stuck with someone you despise.

Maize reads my text and then shrugs, "Maybe this will be good for both of you." She looks at me over her shoulder with raised eyebrows, even though she can't see me, "Maybe you can get over your hate for each other and fall madly in love."

I gasp and my fingers fly over his keyboard.

Me: That ship has sailed a long time ago. I am totally over Owen.

Me: Besides he would never see me that way.

Maize's shoulders slump, "You never know what may happen."