𝟏𝟖. ( her deepest secret. )

"JAKE

"JAKE..." Isabel breathed out, gulping nervously as her eyes diverted down to his red, plump lips that were only centimeters away from touching her own.

She could feel her heartbeat beating throughout her body, and ill thoughts of her and Jake sprouting in her mind; scenes of what might possibly happen if she allowed his lips to touch hers.

And she wanted to allow him — so badly... She wanted to fulfill her dreams of kissing the boy she's liked for years. She wanted to give in to the temptations, she really did... However, the images of her brother and Niah appeared in her head, clogging her thoughts and a stream of guilt ran through her body, turning her cold.

She couldn't do that to them...

"We can't." Issy shook her head, her accent meek as she hesitantly turned to look away from him — her heart painfully aching in her chest. As much as she wanted to kiss Jake Sim, not wanting to hurt anybody was far more important to her rather than her happiness.

Jake remained silent as he nodded his head, his eyes landing on the ocean before him as he licked his lips.

"My brother, Jake," Isabel reminded the boy beside her, her attention landing back on him. "And Niah, you're girlfriend... We just can't... I don't want to hurt them."

"I understand, Issy," Jake reassured, running a hand through his hair as he stood up from the sand. "Now come on," He grinned, ignoring the odd feeling in his stomach. "I'm pretty sure Jay is gonna get suspicious." He chuckled.

Isabel stifled out a laugh as she agreed and stood up, trailing behind him with a heavy heart as he headed towards the car.

She couldn't believe what had happened.

Once both Jake and Issy arrived back at the holiday home after buying snacks from the convenience store and a long, silent journey home, the two parted ways: Jake heading to the living room to play video games, where he received Jay's rant about h...

Once both Jake and Issy arrived back at the holiday home after buying snacks from the convenience store and a long, silent journey home, the two parted ways: Jake heading to the living room to play video games, where he received Jay's rant about how long he took, and Isabel hurried up to her bedroom, shutting her door behind her and laying herself across her mattress.