𝟏𝟗. ( all is revealed.)

AS THE GLOWING moon overtook the once blazing sun, Isabel Park sat silently on the ledge of the pool with her legs submerged in the cool, chlorine water; her mothers words continuing to spiral in her head

Everyone had either gone up to their rooms to hang around, or were fast asleep, so the only noise that Issy could hear were the crickets in the distance as she focused her attention on her legs that were swaying in the water — the nap she'd taken earlier causing her not to feel tired.

"Hi." She heard his voice quietly and softly announce, making her fall from her thoughts and look over to the sliding doors that Jake Sim was closing behind him. Immediately, her brows furrowed in anger and a scoff left her lips.

Hi? Was he stupid?

"What?" Issy harshly asked, refusing to look up at him. She was fed up of his bullshit.

"Issy—" Jake began, as he headed over to her, however before he could get any other words out, the younger girl put a halt to his actions.

"No," She shook her head, looking up at him, a scowl present on her face. "You don't get to come out here and sweet talk me into making me forget how you were with me this evening." Issy stated harshly. "I can't deal with it anymore, Jake. I'm not some doll you can mess around with. I'm human too, I have feelings, you know?" She huffed, turning to look away from the boy who stood with his hands deep in his jean pockets.

"Issy, let me explain—" He attempted to start, though the brunette girl shook her head once again, licking her lips. She no longer cared. She was going to take her mothers advice and explain everything.

"Shut up, Jake," She ordered, catching him off guard. "You can't keep treating me like I'm a piece of gum — one minute you're all for me, and then the next you're acting like I'm just on the bottom of your shoe. I'm fed up. I've had enough. I'm not a kid anymore, so quit treating me like shit." Issy firmly stated as she stood up, getting her legs out of the pool and standing face to face with the older boy.

It was now or never.

"I like you, Jake, so much and I have for a long time, but you're my brothers best friend — you have a girlfriend, you're mean to me for no reason, and I just have to deal with it. Do you know how hard that is for me?—"

"Do you know how hard it is for me?" Jake cut her off, pointing to himself as he let out a breathy chuckle, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek as he glanced away from the now confused girl. What was he talking about?

"You're my best friends baby sister, I shouldn't like you, but I can't help it, Isabel." He revealed, which instantly made Issy's eyes widen at his confession. "I feel so guilty for feeling the way I do towards you because I'm betraying Jay — You know, I promised him at the start of our friendship that I wouldn't look at you in such a way, but I just can't help it, Issy, you do things to me that I can't explain."

Silence fell upon them as neither of them knew what to say. The tension was thicker than it had ever been, and currently, all they wanted to do was latch their hands on one another — but they knew they couldn't.

Taking a gulp and a small sigh, Isabel slightly shook her head, confusion taken over her facial expression. "So why treat me the way you have? I don't get you. You make me feel special for a second, and the next you're making me feel like I've done something to you."

Isabel watched as Jake ran a frustrated hand through his hair and parted his plump lips. "Because you have, Issy," He started, pausing for a split second to gather his words before continuing.

"I've never felt this way before. I thought at first it was just some stupid little crush on my best friends younger sister, but it just continued to grow bigger and I couldn't handle it. I felt guilty. So I thought the best way to get over you was just to get with a load of girls—"

"And become a man whore?" Isabel questioned, which only made Jake send a glare at her before continuing his explanation.

"That obviously didn't work — but when I moved to Australia for College, I thought I finally forgot about my feelings for you. I believed I was finally over you, that's why I got with Niah, but coming here and seeing you again made realize I was wrong, Issy — so wrong. It wasn't like I could just go back to my old ways and sleep around, so I thought it'd just be best to push you away—"

"On days you felt like it?" Issy interrogated, raising her brow which only made Jake huff.

"Issy, I'm sorry." He apologized, stepping towards her, hoping she wouldn't move away from him — and she didn't.

She allowed him to stand closer to her. She allowed him to gently take hold of the sides of her face. She allowed him to raise her lowered head. She allowed him to caress her cheeks with his thumbs. She allowed their eyes to meet, and she allowed her heart to flutter.

"I'm so sorry," Jake said just above a whisper, his eyes never leaving hers. "I don't know what to do. I've never felt this way about someone like I do with you."

Issy's breathing hitched at the boys words and she felt her cheeks heat up. This was all she wanted. She finally has the boy she's liked — the boy she's fallen in love with — confessing his feelings to her and all she wanted to do was kiss him.

"Jake," She just about managed to get out, her throat feeling tight and her chest feeling heavy with emotion. The tension between them was suffocating as they both stood in the back garden, the glow from the pool shining onto them, both of their intentions being the same.

"I—" She started, however the sound of the sliding doors abruptly shutting was heard, quickly causing both of their heads to snap over in the direction of it, worry and confusion pumping through their veins.

Had someone been listening?