Prologue

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

"Thank you!" Dylan smiled at her personal hairdresser giving her the amount of money her hair cost along with a tip

"You welcome baby, have a good day okay?"

The older woman smiled back at the energetic girl while cleaning her station, she was her last client for the day.

"I will Miss Tanya. I'll see you again in about 3 weeks, you have a good day too"

"Alight Dylan, I'll see you later"

She closed the door behind her and walked towards the black brabus 930 that sat in the shade, unlocking the door before she got in and locked it behind herself.

Picking up her phone seeing some miss calls from her dad making her heart drop before immediately clicking, it calling him back. The phone rang 2 times before it showed connecting and his face popped up.

"You ight princess? I was calling you."

"I'm okay daddy. I'm at the hair salon, see?" She turned her phone towards the window slightly showing him the more than familiar hair salon.

"I bought you a watch for a reason Dylan, at least send me a text and say you coo' next time. Ight?"

She was her daughter only child and to say he was over protective was an understatement. He knew she was old enough to make her own decisions but sometimes Dylan didn't understand the danger of the world. He could blame that on his self. He sheltered her. Gave her what ever she wanted.

She thought everyone was as friendly as her. She didn't understand when having conversations with a man they could've had the complete opposite of friendly interaction, rather it be sexual or dangerous, simply because she didn't have those intentions towards them. She loved making friends, so to her? Everyone was friends. Even if they just met 10 minutes ago.

Dylan was beyond smart graduating with a 4.3 GPA, finishing all her premed classes by 17 and now medical school. which she had all A's in.

But she was too naive.

"Okay daddy, I'm going to the store now. I ran out of broccoli."

"Why you ain't ask Faye to get some for you?"

Faye was the maid, but she was normally out of the house by 3pm since it wasn't a lot for her to clean. Sometimes she ran errands for them.

"Faye is off for the rest of the week, then come home." She said nodding already having her mind made up.

She was a picky eater, and didn't like a lot of things but she loved broccoli.

"You have your card and everything?"

"Mhm"

"Ight? I love you"

"I love you too!" She said grinning at him in the phone.

He shook his head smiling before hanging up. She loved her dad, he was her only parent in her life. Her mom left them, Dylan hoped she doing was okay in life.