Chapter 4: Arrival

Weeks had went by. Theo and Penny would sit outside in the snow and work on theories. All of the drones had adapted to this new life. One worker drone named Allen had taken over as the leader and made sure to keep everything running smoothly. He had started to build more things in Penny and Theo's bunker, like a school and card room for the older drones. Despite Ember trying to get Penny to go to the school, she would always refuse. She wanted to focus everyday to figuring out her parent's murder and the solver.

Penny and Theo were outside like usual talking about some new things. Penny had stolen one of Ember's drawings of the weird creatures with X eyes. Looking at all of the details, they noticed it was standing on a pile of drone heads.

"What do you think that is?" Theo asked. Penny shrugged.

"Maybe it's when drones with the solver go insane?" Ember mentioned about drones going insane a couple of times." Penny suggested. Theo scratched his head.

"It can't be. That drone has a totally different body structure than us!" Theo pointed at their legs.

"See? They have proper legs instead of our weird metal pole things." Penny sighed, rolling over on her back staring at the snowy sky. Theo joined her.

"Maybe if we take a break it'll help us freshen our minds. We've been working nonstop for weeks!" Theo mentioned.

"No way! Every second of not doing this is a second wasted!" Penny exclaimed.

"Why does everything have to be so difficult?" Penny crossed her arms.

"If the humans were still here maybe they could've told us what these things are." Both of them just stayed silent for a moment, listening to the sounds of the cold wind and distant chatter. Suddenly, Penny noticed something falling from the sky. She sat up and squinted.

"Do you see that?" Penny asked Theo. Theo got up and stared at the sky.

"What is that?" He asked. Penny shrugged. With a little more staring, they noticed it was aimed towards them. Penny and Theo immediately ran out of the way as it got closer and closer. Suddenly, it slammed into the ground, leaving a big cloud of snow. Penny and Theo dusted themselves off as other drones started to surround it curious. It appeared to be a black space capsule. Everyone started to whisper to each other.

"Was it sent by the humans?"

"What's in it?"

"Is it a bomb?!"

Penny and Theo remembered about Tessa being on that ship. Maybe humans were in it.

"Step aside fellow drones!" A voice exclaimed. Everyone looked over and saw a drone with dark blue eyes, a blue helmet, a fake mustache, and a black jacket. It was the Allen guy. Penny and Theo rolled their eyes. They thought he was a massive show off. Allen walked up to a small door on the capsule. He knocked on it. After a couple of seconds, nothing had happened.

"See? Nothing to worry about!" Allen exclaimed. Suddenly, the capsule door flew forward, knocking Allen to the ground. Everyone gasped as fog started to emerge. Two yellow X eyes appeared. Penny and Theo froze. Penny looked down at Ember's drawing and then at the eyes. They were exactly the same. Just then, they both flew out and sliced two drones' heads off. They flew into the air with the body part, with fatal error flashing on the visors.

One of the drones had grey hair that went to their shoulders. They wore a zipped up dark red jacket that reached down to their legs.

The second drone had the same colored hair, but it was in a long braid that reached their ankle. They had a dark red hoodie with one of the sleeves being ripped off. Both of the drones had a black headband with five glowing yellow circles on top. They had murderous smiles as they looked at the rest of the drones. Both of them also had yellow labels on their arms that said disassembly drone.