Chapter 6: Alliance

The next day soon arrived. Penny jumped up as fast as she could. She grabbed her backpack and ran out of her base. Suddenly, she bumped into someone and tumbled back. Standing there was Theo and Grace.

"I thought you weren't going to come with me." Penny said. She looked at Grace suspiciously, who was scrolling on her phone.

"I definitely knew she wasn't going to come with us."

"Well I really do want to go back and I thought we could use an extra friend." Theo mentioned. Grace looked up from her phone.

"He's told me everything. I'm really good at keeping people distracted." Grace mentioned. Penny sighed.

"Alrighty then. Let's go." Everyone started to walk to Lake's room. Penny grabbed Theo's hand and whispered something to him.

"This better not turn into a make out session, this is important business." Theo blushed.

"I won't don't joke around like that!" Theo exclaimed.

"Plus she's too busy being a fake influencer." Theo and Penny looked back at Grace taking multiple selfies.

"At least you're that socially aware." Penny said. The trio walked over to Lake's base and knocked on the door. Lake walked out.

"Y'all going back?" Lake asked. Penny nodded.

"Let me get something." Lake walked into her bedroom and came back out with a pistol.

"A gun?!" Theo exclaimed.

"Nice." Grace said snapping a picture of it.

"You know since we befriended the drones do you think a gun is necessary?" Penny asked.

"You don't know what horrors are out there. Plus that one guy who tries to be a bad boy will probably try and kill us again."

"You mean K9? He seems cool."

"You got his freaking name?!"

"Can we just go? I'm getting bored." Grace interrupted. Penny rolled her eyes. The group ran up the stairs to the top. Lake unlocked the door and everybody ran out. Grace started to take a video of the area. Penny saw the corpse spiral in the distance.

"Let's go!" Penny said. She started to run, but Lake stopped her.

"I'll lead the way, they're known for sneaking up on drones." Lake said pointing her gun in front of her. The group followed Lake to the structure. K9 and D4 were hanging from one of the corpses, sleeping like bats.

"Should we wake them up?" Theo asked. Lake shook her head.

"Made that mistake once." Lake mentioned. Penny looked over at the space capsule lying in the middle.

"Why don't we go see what's in there?" Penny suggested. Everyone nodded and starting to silently run towards the capsule. Lake kept a close eye on the disassembly drones, pointing her gun at them. The group reached the door. Lake guarded outside while the rest walked in. There was a control panel, a chair, as well as some other decor like a mirror, a shelf, and a wall of drawings with D4's signature on them.

"Someone needs to get that girl drawing lessons." Grace said, snapping a picture. Penny looked at the control panel. It was completely busted.

"Do you think we can fix this?" Penny asked. Theo walked over.

"Probably not, it's really out of shape. Plus we don't have the materials." Theo said.

"Guys I found something!" Grace exclaimed. Penny and Theo looked over and saw Grace standing on the shelf, grabbing something from the top. She jumped back down and showed Penny and Theo. It was a hat with a yellow pin in the middle of a skull with wings.