Chapter One: [Edited]

Chapter One

Mason and his other agent, agent Camilla Black, arrive at a prison in New York where they are to interview an infamous serial killer named David Lois, he was famous for his ability to kill over twenty five college aged women. Mason was very much feeling intense about the situation of him interviewing serial killers.

After having his leg and wrist shackles taken off, David was escorted into an interrogation room where he was to meet two special agents Mason and agent Camilla. David sits in his chair. Mason has been working in the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit for a little over six months. Mason clears his throat before he sits down in his chair at the interrogation table with David, along with agent Camilla doing the same. For the purpose of obtaining a criminal's psychological, behavioral, and legal profile, FBI profilers Mason Connor and Camilla Black examine criminal cases on behalf of the agency.

Using statistical likelihood and observations, Special Agents Mason Connor and Camilla Black, also referred to as FBI profilers, develop criminal profiles. The craft of criminal profiling focuses on assembling a criminal's personality and doing a thorough investigation into the manner in which the crime was perpetrated.

Eyewitness testimony, statistics from comparable crimes, and any evidence found at the crime scenes are all taken into account by Mason and Camilla. "Hi David. I am Special Agent Mason Connor from the FBI. This is agent Camilla Black. I figured you are aware of this interview?" says Mason, pulling out the chair from the table and then sitting down and he opens an FBI file that has all the information of David's age, gender and other information about him.

Mason had joined the BAU just shortly after graduation from the FBI Academy. He was very nervous about his job. He's a guy who investigates serial killers and their behavior. What they're like and how and why they are the killers they are now. Mason is a criminal profiler whose father was also an FBI agent in the BAU, and still is. Mason opens the file and he looks down at the file and reads the document to David.

"Do we have permission to record you?" wondered Mason.

"Yeah," says David, sort of in a soft mood when he speaks.

Mason nods his head understanding David. He sighs and closes his file.

"We're here to ask you a few questions,"says Mason.

Until David doesn't answer back to Mason. He was just giving this scary stare at Mason. He looked furious like Mason could feel his stomach hurting because he was nervous about interviewing the most vulnerable serial killer in the world.

"We are conducting interviews with those who've been convicted of violent crimes," says Mason.

"We'll be asking about your family history, antecedent behavior, and thoughts patterns," says Mason once more.

"Our goal is to publish a statistical analysis which will not include your name," says Mason.

David says, "okay, whatever."

"You were raised by your parents who unfortunately your father had been sent to prison when you were about ten years old?" wondered Mason.

David still doesn't say a word back to Mason. Mason nods his head, "I see," says Mason, sighing.

"David, what was it like growing  up?" wondered Mason.

"I'd had a bad childhood, if that's what you mean," answered David. Mason swallows and he takes a deep breath and sighs.

"All right. So I have a tape recorder here. It's gonna record everything you say," says Mason, turning on the tape recorder.

"First of all, I want to talk about May 1st, 2019," says Mason.

"Okay?" says David.

"You were trying to get a job at a nurse clinic and you were a nurse there?" says Mason.

"What do you wanna know," says David. Mason takes another deep breath and sighs.

"Does it influence your decision to work at the clinic?" says Mason.

David sighs and doesn't say a word. "You worked at the Columbia Nurse Practitioner Group since you were twenty-eight-years-old, am I right?" says Mason.

"I worked there for ten years, duh," says David, laughing.

"What catches your eye at the nurse's program?" asked Mason.

"I don't know," says David.

"I want to talk about your family history. You had a father, who was abusive and an alcoholic and is serving prison time. Your mother unfortunately remarried a guy who is your stepfather and your mother, you don't get along with her anymore. You were living in a home as being the only child in your family?" says Mason.

"I was raised by two awful parents," says David.

"And why is that, David?" wondering Mason.

"My mother was raised by two abusive parents whose father had an obsession with killing women. Then he was sent to prison for a long time. Her mother had ended up dying of a drug overdose, because she was a drug addict. But my father, his father and mother were alcoholics and my father grew up in an unstable home like I did. My parents never loved me. My father's father was also a killer and had an obsession with murdering women," says David.

"All right. How did your parents treat you when you were a child?" says Mason.

"They'd treated me like I was garbage. They'd abused me every single day to the point where I had to move out of the house and be away from them. My father got arrested before I left home. My mother unfortunately got remarried and still is the mother I know when I was little," says David.

"All right David. Why won't you tell me about the time when you were in school. Did you make any friends?"says Mason.

"No. I was mostly bullied throughout my childhood and teenage years," says David. David sighs once more.

Once Mason had finished interviewing David for the first time, he headed back to Quantico and he and other agents began to investigate the case on why David is the serial killer he is now.

"So we have David Lois. He is forty-years-old, he was charged with unlawful murder, he is a serial kidnapper, serial rapist and serial killer. He crossed state lines in the last seven years and killed twenty five women who are college aged adults," says Mason.

"So, we just got to find out why he's the serial killer he is now," says agent Camilla Black.

Camilla Black a thirty-year-old FBI Special Agent working in the BAU for a little over five years, was talking along with Mason about the David Lois case.

Mason then began talking about the victimology of the victims David had killed. Mason and agent Black said that David likes college aged women as mentioned before and that they're all white, and they come from rich and wealthy families.

A few hours had passed since David was interviewed and Mason and the agents had gone home. Mason took the file with him and he was reading over the documents. It explained all the documents of the case. David Lois is a high risk offender. David Lois is on death row and is waiting to be executed. Mason sighs as he closes the file, and he puts the file on the nightstand next to him. Mason was sitting on his bed. He then turned off the lamp and went to sleep.