Chapter Five: [Edited]

Chapter Five

A month before David was arrested, Mason was at the New York Police Department,  and a woman who walked into the police department where she saw Mason and Camilla talking to Detective Howard, while still investigating how to catch serial killer David Lois, walked up to them in concern.

"Hi, I am looking for Detective Howarrd," says the woman. "That's me," says Detective Howard." Please help me. My daughter Diana Mist, she's missing," says Mrs. Mist. Mrs. Sally Mist is Dianna's mother. She was worried about her daughter.

"Okay, when was the last time you heard from your daughter?" asked Detective Howard.

"About a week ago. She hasn't called me in awhile. She calls me everyday after school. She's in college," says Mrs. Must. It got Mason and Detective Howard in concern.

"Diana Mist, you said she goes to college?" asked Detective Howard.

"Yes. She hasn't called me in a week," says Mrs. Mist in concern.

"All right. Mrs. Mist I need you to go with my partner Detective Hudson, please," says Detective Howard.

"Okay," says Mrs. Mist. After Mrs. Mist walks along with Detective Howard, she sighs. "Since she mentioned Diana Mist, and she's a college aged woman who is eighteen years old, this is probably another victim of David Lois's," says Mason.

Mason stops talking and pulls out his phone from his pocket and he notices a notification where it said in the headline that David Lois had escaped from prison. "Guys, they're saying that Diana Mist has been missing over a week, " says Mason.

"That means David Lois is after killing women again. Her body might be buried in the forest, let's go ahead and find this woman. This victim may still be alive," says Detective Howard, furiously and then Mason and Camilla immediately left the police department and went to the forest to find Diana Mist who was buried in the ground where dirt was on top of her, after digging into the dirt.

After Diana was found buried into the ground, she was severely beaten and had scratches on her legs and bruises on her arms. Mason takes a deep breath and sighs. The woman still has a pulse.

"She's still alive," says Detective Howard.

"We need to call an ambulance!" says Mason, pulling out his phone. Then the woman gasped and her eyes opened. She was scared and freaked out. She was scared and began screaming.

"It's alright. It's alright. I'm with the police. It's okay," says Detective Howard, while trying to calm the woman down.

The woman began to cry. Detective Howard removed the dirt from the woman's body and face. "Shhh, it's okay," says Detective Howard, continuing to calm the woman down. "How did she even survive while being underground for a week?" wondered Camilla.

"The ambulances are on their way," says Mason, putting his phone back into the pocket of his pants. Sirens were heard on the way to the forest including other emergency services. Detective Howard had called back up to the scene.

Diana was then taken to the hospital. Her mother arrived at the hospital. A month later, Mason found David getting off a train and Mason pulled their gun out of their pockets and Mason pointed their gun at David and Mason said, "FBI, put your hands in the air!!" says Mason, shouting.

David was then arrested. He was taken into FBI custody. He was sentenced to die in prison and Mason's flashback ended while interviewing David once again. "Hey, are you okay?" asked Camilla, touching Mason's arm gently. Mason was spaced out.

"Mason?" says Camilla, once again.

"Uh yeah, sorry," says Mason, sighing.

"David, would you say that these women had like this kind of thing that would want them to bully you and think men like you would, I don't know, think that you're weak or something like that?" wondered Mason.

"I am not weak!" says David, sort of irritated.

Mason nods his head. "I understand, David," says Mason, turning off the tape recorder.

"Are we done? I would like to go back to my prison cell," says David, sort of smiling in an evil way.

Mason swallows furiously and he looks at agent Camilla as Camilla looks at him. Mason looks back at David and he raises his eyebrows like he was not caring about what he did to the victims.

Mason angrily stood up from his chair and agent Camilla stood from her chair as well. Mason turns away from David and then leaves the interview room annoyed. While agent Camilla followed Mason back to their car, she asked Mason if he was okay while leaving the prison and then stepping outside.

Mason then stopped walking and he turned and faced agent Camilla. Agent Camilla said, "what is going on?" asked Camilla.

"Nothing," answered Mason, while furiously stroking his hair and then taking his hand and touching the side of his waist.

"Something obviously happened," says agent Camilla.

Mason nods his head and then he nods his head no. Mason doesn't say another word. He turns and continues walking to the car. Agent Camilla followed Mason to the car and then both Mason and Camilla  got into the car. Mason and Camilla left the prison together, they were silent on their way back to Quantico.