Chapter Two: [Edited]

Chapter Two

Mason analyzes a crime scene and makes deductions that help paint a picture of the offender, such as how much planning was involved, whether it was a crime of opportunity or a targeted attack, how skilled the offender was at removing forensic evidence, and whether patterns of injuries indicate evidence of sexual sadism.

At the headquarters of the BAU in Quantico, Virginia, Mason and agent Camilla Black were making deductions of evidence that the offender had committed the crimes against adults. The National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime of the Federal Bureau of Investigation employs the Behavioral Analysis Unit to use behavioral analysts to support criminal investigations. Mason sighs as he was explaining the crime scene.

Mason sighs as he was explaining the crime scene. How David planned the crime scene and how the crime scene would work out for the victims. Meanwhile while looking over the crime scene footage, Mason and agent Camilla noticed the pictures of ropes, and a crowbar and medal rod.

"So he would take the rope after kidnapping them, and tying them down. Then he would put them in a trunk, drive to a forest where they're molested and killed. They dump their bodies and then David would cross state lines every two to three years and do the same thing all over again," says Mason.

"Yeah, and..." agent Camilla shows pictures of some of the dead women. "Did you notice they're purses are missing?" says Mason. "Yeah. David has a type of trophy he likes to keep from these women," says Mason. "Yeah, luxury purses. These women are from wealthy families, dress up nicely. They attend good colleges, and David thinks that they were easier to go after," says agent Camilla.

Mason takes a deep breath and says, "so he kidnaps college aged women, then he puts them in a trunk and he drives them out of nowhere where they're molested and killed in a forest. Some of them even were dumped in canyons," says Mason, sighing.

"Yeah. They're all eighteen-years-old. David has an obsession with eighteen-year-olds," says agent Camilla. "Well, eighteen year olds are college aged adults," says Mason.

"This is like the 1980's and this guy reminds me a lot about Ted Bundy when he was arrested and charged for killing close to 100 women or more. But unfortunately it is unknown. In the 1970's he confessed to killing 36 women," says Mason once again.

"We'll just have to continue to investigate. We need to go back to the prison and have Mr. Lois tells us why he killed these women," explain Mason. "Yeah," says agent Camilla. Mason takes a deep breath and exhales his breath deeply.

Once returning to the prison where David was being held in, Mason and agent Camilla were back in the interrogation room with David sitting at the table in front of them and David was quiet as a mouse. Mason takes a deep breath and says, "Mr. Lois?" says Mason. David doesn't say a word. "Mr. Lois?" says Mason, in a furious tone.

David leaned forward against the table and crossed his fingers together. Mason takes a breath and looks at agent Camilla. He then looked back at David. "Mr. Lois, this isn't a game. We're just trying to find out why you decided to kill these women," says Mason. David leans back in his chair, where his hands touched his lap. David sighs.

"All right. We will come back and do this interview some other day," says Mason, closing the file. Agent Camilla says, "Mr. Lois, please tell us why you killed these women. My partner is just doing his job. We're not here to judge you or anything," says Camilla. Mason looked back at David. David decides to not speak once again. Mason nods his head understanding.

"All right. Mr. Lois, please help us out here," says Mason. "Why do you kill these women?" wondered Mason. Mason swallowed nervously. "I am just wanting answers from you, that is all. I am not gonna file this case against you. I'm a profiler and my job is to wonder why serial killers are who they are when it comes to committing a serial murder," explained Mason, sighing. David scoffs.

"Why?" asked Mason, leaning forward the table and crossing his fingers. David sighs. "I just think women are useless," explains David. "What is the real reason behind this behavior?" wondered Mason. "Mr. Lois, why did you decide to go after these women?" wondered agent Camilla.

"For your information, that's none of your concern," says David, while looking at Camilla. Mason rubs his eyes and sighs. "Mr. Lois, please help us out here." Agent Camilla sighs. "I guess I have no choice," says David, sighing. Mason nods his head. "Okay. Let's continue where we started," says Mason.

David looks at Mason. Mason continues to sit in his chair facing David. Mason turned on the tape recorder once again and had to write down some information in his small notebook, so he can have a better understanding why David is the serial killer he is now. "So before I finished my first interview with you, you said you were bullied throughout your entire childhood, correct?" says Mason.

"Yes," answered David.

"Were these people who were bullying you, were they mostly women?" wondered Mason.

"Yes," answered David.

Mason jotted down what he was saying in a notebook. Mason takes a deep breath and sighs. Therefore, back at the FBI headquarters, Mason continues the victimology. Mason was desperately wanting answers from David. Mason sighed and being an FBI profiler was not an easy task. Mason was a professional in his field of work. He hopes for the victims and their families to receive justice.