2

"Shit." Hyunjin sighed in regret. He realized he had lost the ring because of his carelessness. That night however, he just went inside and passed out, not worrying about the ring that much. Maybe because he could buy another one anytime.

.... ... ..

"Hey," Changbin asked his roommate, Minho, as he returned very late that night. "What took you that long to return?"

Minho just came inside and sat beside him, sighing. "Well.."

He showed a ring that he found in the bar that night and yes, it was Hyunjin's engagement ring. Which he picked up later.

"Woah.. I know you didn't buy it. Where did you get it from? It looks more like an engagement ring than a normal one. Besides, its very expensive." Changbin took the ring and observed it carefully.

"This one man over there dropped it accidentally. I quickly picked it up and by then, he was gone. So i couldn't return it to him. But i really want to. Earlier however, i accidentally hit him while rushing from the washroom there." he explained in brief which didn't really bother changbin. He was thinking how they could return it to the original owner.

"Hm... We can't just take this. Let's keep it for two days though and see if we find the owner or not." he said as he handed the ring back to Minho.

"Well, why were you running in the first place? Don't tell me you did it again." he added, which made Minho silent. He didn't reply. He was looking at the ring instead and just casually tried it on.

"You cried too.. You know there's no use of crying when.. You know you can't do anything about it." Changbin said yet again.

Yes, Minho tried committing self harm again. He failed as usual, which made him desperate to die.

Lee Minho, who's a florist, earned his livelihood by decorating houses with flowers and selling flowers. He was living with Changbin, who worked in a cafe. They were roommates. And changbin had known about Minho's biggest curse.

He couldn't die.

He was cursed with living eternally. Minho didn't age since he had been 25. He was apparently 177 years old, had been trying many ways to die.

But couldn't. He wanted to die badly. To escape from this cruel world. Why couldn't he die? He questioned himself over the last 177 years of his life already. To people. He didn't find any answers.

He doubted he even would find any in his future years. He would continue to lose his friends and people eventually, and couldn't do nothing about it. Why was he living even? When would he be expired? He was eagerly waiting for that time to reach out to him, he was more than ready.

"Minho, you need to sleep."

"You aren't the one to order me around." he replied in a low tone, still looking at the ring. "This looks quite expensive because the diamond used in this is one of the rarest ones, but mixed with some silver however. The guy's choice is very good.. I like this, sort of." he added as Changbin nodded.

"Yea yea, i definitely didn't want to know that but, thanks? Now you should go to sleep. Good night" he replied and finally went to his room, leaving Minho behind. Minho however, didnt go to his room. Instead he slept on the couch. He just didnt feel like going.

.... .. ..

"Did you bring the ring, jinnie?" Yuna called Hyunjin. "For once, stop calling me that, kindly." Hyunjin, who was on his way to get ready, stopped and faced Yuna.

"And no, i haven't bought it yet. I will choose carefully, yeah? Now i'm gonna get changed and i have to do arrangements for the engagement, since i'm in charge of the decoration. You may go for now." Hyunjin forced a smile for Yuna to leave him alone. He was indeed going to make arrangements anyway, but he clearly didn't want Yuna's company.