Chapter 6: Destination Disturbance

"Ahhh!" They yelled on the top of their lungs as they bearhug each other throughout their fall that what it seems to be an endless abyss.

Alayah held no reaction though, she just crossed her arms and legs, shrugging like it was no big deal. Well, to be honest she's used to this.

After what it felt like hours have ended only within Alayah's crystal bracelets separated in the air like raindrops but frozen and they pretty much shimmered like stars then swirled around Alayah, Lydia, and Thalia creating a whirlwind effect before a bright light shined at the end.

Lydia still screaming to her last breath when she was awoke by Thalia, who was shaking her shoulders. She stood up at that awkward moment after seeing Alayah shaking her head, muffling a quiet laughter.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" Lydia asked Alayah, pointing a finger at her.

"Hey, it's not my fault that's how they work," Alayah shrugged.

Thalia however, stood still, mesmerized on how peculiar the living world was. Cars, buildings, food, and smart devises, all were bizarre for an angel who've died from an early age and from an early timeline that fits her story well in being innocent to these new tech civilizations.

"Los Angeles?!"

She snapped from her admiration after hearing Alayah screamed. Uh-oh. That was the upcoming hiccup she's going to need to explain.

"What's wrong? Why are we in Los Angeles?" Asked Lydia.

"I set our location directly to New York, so you guys can quickly find the soul scroll."

"So what happened?"

"I don't know..."

"Its my fault."

"What?" Both Lydia and Alayah chimed in confusion.

"I was shaking badly because of the lockdown so...I got a little..." her thumbs kept tingling, "I clumsily fell onto the penal and accidentally pressed the wrong button," Thalia explained through fast-mentioned words. Her eyes were shut, shaking if she would see them get mad.

"Well, that's just great. Now we definitely gonna get my life back easily," Lydia said down on her sarcasm.

"Now, now, let's not get upset on poor Thalia here she's new to the Afterlife business. Mistakes happen all the time. Believe me, I should know because I was one of them."

"You were klutz in your system?"

"Nope...It's more likely a wrong push of button when they picked me to do the job. Later on they realized how easily things I can turn the timeline into a running chaotic course with me messing up within every timeline," Alayah chuckled.

"Then how come you're not fired?"

"Time traveler, remember? I fix things through repeats or fast-forwards. Besides messes can happen if you're the daughter of Death."

"Umm...did you say daughter of Death?"

"Yeah, why?"

Lydia blinked as her bafflement racked her brain. Alayah Rendòrò was more than she thought she seemed to be. Would be there more surprises popping along the way?

Thalia felt a reassuring hand squeezed her shoulder, she smiled sheepishly at Alayah and muffled a quiet apology. Alayah nodded, patting her back before skipping forward out of the trashy alley when a group of uptown skateboarders rolled tauntingly past her causing her to spun around and fell on her rump.