Chapter 12: Loosen Up!

They ran as fast as they could until they run out of breath. In a skedaddle, they turned and slid both right and left on each corner they could find. To her surprise, it was Thalia who grabbed Lydia by the wrist and started bolting without question.

As beads of sweat tickled down their necks, poor, tired Thalia and Lydia ended their runaway by stopping at an old dock and making their way through the edge of a port were railings supported their stop.

"Okay—" Lydia began speaking a bit wheezy. "What. In. The. World...you...were doing?" She asked, her words paused every time she took a huff.

Thalia's tired body shook almost looked she was about to collapse. She leaned with her elbows on the railings as she panted heavily that her chest pumped none stop.

Their hearts pounded their chest as they rest.

Soon, they began to gain little energy once more, and before them was a broken metal bench beside them and took a seat without hesitation.

"So...? Why did we run?" Lydia asked, turning to her, bangs covered the eyes.

"We can't be seen by other Afterlikes because it's a secret," Thalia explained, wiping off sweat on her forehead by the back of her hand.

"Okay...?" She replied awkwardly, while she pulled her strands to her ears.

"So what now?"

"For now we take a break..."

"Why?"

"Girl, we've been chased by demons and you've been dragged by one earlier? And here you are wanting to continue?!"

"Sorry...s-should of thought to rest than go."

"You're in a hurry, I know, but there is no reason to run—"

Lydia paused when Thalia froze in front of her, showing that they only have one day to finish. Lydia stare to view on Thalia's pocket watch, she pulled out, that time became a new day as midnight hit.

"Typical," Lydia grumbled. Annoyed that the fact they must go already, Lydia sighed and sprung up to her feet, walking on the soft gravel which didn't crunch a sound. She pulled out the map and headed north where the path had shown.

Following her was Thalia, scurvily scrambled on her spot and sprinted forward. Gravels and grasses crunched like chips on Thalia's pace.

"You ghosts are sure fast," chuckled Thalia, panting again.

Lydia's eyes popped out to came in realization on how fast her walking pace was. She smirked a little on her discovered supernatural ability.

"Can I float?" Lydia asked, excitingly if she could learn something else.

Sadly, Thalia shook her head. "Well, you aren't typically dead, remember?"

"Oh..."

"Unless you force your phantom phase to, then it'll be up to you if you could float. Normally, souls who aren't sleeping in peace casually have a habit of going to the living world and bothering up people to finish their work. Usually it'll be humans with something missing a part of them, which led to being bothered by ghosts."

"I see...so—"

Lydia paused again once catching a glimpse of Thalia losing her breath, upon seeing the great city and its dancing, bright lights ahead.

Lydia smiled before tugging Thalia's hand. Thalia reminded her deeply about her little sister when she was the same age as Thalia. Together, like sisters, they skipped over the directed path.