Chapter 13: The Reasoning Of A Past Trauma

It began as the night fell into a deep horror in pure crimson sky. The blood moon petrified the night sky putting town folks in constant fright. Merged of the lightning storms came rumbling from the north, howls of violent gust crashed through the old wooden windows of houses from a small village.

But at their foggy woods where lies the eeriness of blinded paths that could make anyone with no courage blind in fear, a young  frail girl with golden locks ran in a haze with many bruises reddened most of her arms and legs.

Lost with only the memory of running away from the orphanage after learning she would be only sold into child labor of whom also the ones pounded her parents to death. Fear that she would experience that trauma that her parents dare not wished for her to came, only could get only worst...

Being sold to slavery was one thing but meeting a dark witch in the middle of the woods was far from that...No, it was horrifying because the only thing happened next was the girl put into a hex that could never be remove.

With no luck grasped on her hands, words of fear, worry, distress and self-doubt would transform into an embodiment of a blindly dark being with a height of a tree, a body hung covered in black flowing sheets of fabric, claws that grip through flesh, dark ebony wings displayed massively, a head with an owl-face structure, and sharp gold eyes would stare at your soul without blinking.

Whenever a breakdown happens, the dark beast would emerged within her body that led havoc on a sight of no familiarity whatsoever. Time past, she transformed back to her normal self only to be awoken by a living nightmare and met stares of fright, anger, and hunger for her to be extinguished. All bustles came from the people of her home, showing no mercy.

She begged. She pleaded. She asked for forgiveness. No word from her story was taken, only the orders of the constables, wishing to clear the evil amongst their precious home.

This hex was the trouble that got the young girl's life into later settled at execution, held at a burning steak.

The cries of a young innocent victim froze the atmosphere set within a horrifying era that was blinded by people who had no minds of openness and clearness.

She thought the Afterlife would remove the living nightmare inside of her, but it didn't.

The cursed followed her!

It somehow maintained even at the Afterlife. The curse was something but the interest was the one who casted it.

She could easily say her dark condition to the Watchmen and ask for help. But she didn't. Instead, she shook the thought fearing it might get her into trouble and another outbreak would come up, so kept her mouth shut. The only thing she did was just to make sure she control this outbreak of hers so no problem would consulted.

But seriously? Was this truly helping her problem?

"And that's how I was cursed," Thalia explained, pain of the past shook her breath.

"But why you didn't said anything to anyone at the Afterlife?! They could've get you at a better state! You should really stop your paranoia before it makes your curse grow," muttered Lydia, completely dumbfounded, baffled, and puzzled at Thalia's backstory.

"I've already told you. I can't because...be—because I have...no courage to do it, okay?!" The young one cried, tears completely glassing her eyes and staining her face.

Thalia sobbed addressing to Lydia it was challenging for her to do it all due to being traumatized for no one had listened to her in the past and it cost her her life. Afraid of telling her true conditions was enough to make a lockdown last for even Alayah would be put into a break from her mischief, in other words, it would take time, a lot of time, for anyone in the Afterlife to process this discovery. After all, who enters the Afterlife should be concluded from challenging physical conditions. But Thalia's curse was based on her emotions and from her young age it is hard to cope with it. Puberty was bad, but turning into a dark omen was surely terrifying. And for someone who applied that curse into the young girl might be really, really something.