Chapter 7: The Ghost Inspector

"The living era sure has shifted strangely," Thalia uttered, gazing on all trendy displayed shops and cafés around the streets. She caught five teenagers, flipping, rapping, and doing all sorts of cringy dance moves in front of a phone with a stand. Thalia's curiosity arose with cluttering questions on why people these days do all sorts of crazy stuff.

"If you're wondering, it's called trends. People do that for content or worse, popularity," Alayah cringed watching two women wearing 90s attire crying a trendy line of their lifestyle while smiling at the camera.

"How come they do those in the first place?" Thalia asked. Lydia's eyes focused on the innocent Messenger then on the mischievous Time traveler with no words spoken yet.

"Well, some influencers are good and their intentions are super great buuuut the rest tend to be more annoying in the public's eyes."

Alayah's words hit Lydia with throbing realization because she, too, was a bad influencer by shoving her riches to the internet alongside with her sister while they rubbed their money on their competitions' faces. Well she's dead now...and couldn't pretty much do anything about it. Those guilt build up with the thought of her sister, Kelly, appeared. She missed her sister, with all the craziest things they've been through was enough to give her a heartache.

The three of them suddenly screamed with deep breaths needed to catch when they were caught off guard by a geeky-looking, twenty-year-old man popped out of the shrubs after they've entered the streets where rich people lived on.

"Speaking of mga basura sa lipunan, (garbages in society) here comes Mr. Wackleman," Alayah groaned with the rugged man gasp as he was offended.

As the grown-up geek and Alayah argued about the concept of paranormals following her, the ghost and the Messenger exchanged strange and puzzled faces.

"She's Filipino?" Lydia asked, quietly.

"Yup," Thalia nodded.

"I thought she was Mexican."

"Whaaat?"

Alayah's argues penetrated the air as she told the guy that he was dodo and just mind his business for once.

"Wow, nice to you again, Stanley, how's the life going? I see that cheap rip-off Mystery Machine needed some tuning. You'll probably need a few more cash from a proper job than just from your flop internet show to get that job done well," Alayah spat ironic words at the man, pointing verbally at an old mini van that surely needed a fresh coat of paint, new tires, and an engine.

"It's not a flop internet show! It's a thoroughly investigation with the sightings of paranormal experiences for sophisticated researchers, not if you kids have any interest because you aren't welcome!" Stanley murmured with his eyes settled on the stubborn teenager.

"It sounded more of a stupid geek show to me," Alayah rolled her eyes with hands crossed over her chest. "Hey, how about I pay you to get out of my sight okay, I'm not into this 'being interview because they scented unnatural behavior on me' 'cuz I for one is annoyed by this instance immature nagging!"

Stanley gasped dramatically again, "Absolutely not otherwise people might think I'm a freak wishing money from a kid who's clearly less smart as me 'cause I know not to fall for any tricks!"

"It's not a trick, man, it's just bribery to get you the heck off of my face."

"Money can't fix everything, Alayah."

"Morally, yes. Reality, no. Listen, Wackleman, you shouldn't be doing this to people minding their own business especially children due to the attention of a grown man disturbing them."