𝟐𝟎. ( the note. )

WAKING UP THE next day, Jake Sim felt different — in a good and bad way

WAKING UP THE next day, Jake Sim felt different — in a good and bad way. It felt as if a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders now that he had realized he still felt the same way he always had for Isabel, and confessed his feelings to her, yet the remaining thought of Jay and Niah was still evident in the back of his mind.

He knew he'd end up hurting Jay if he ever found out about the way Jake felt towards his younger sister, but he couldn't help it. The feelings he felt for Issy were far too strong for him to keep to himself any longer — it'd end up killing him.

Jake Sim also knew he would have to speak to Niah before it was too late. He couldn't continue to lead her on, making her believe he loved her when in reality, he didn't, she was just a distraction.

It was wrong, he knew that, and so as he threw his covers from his body, sending a 'Goodmorning' nod to Sunghoon, who was busy drying his hair in the mirror (Jay already having got up hours before everyone else), Jake stood up.

A yawn fell from his lips and he stretched his body slightly, desperately trying to escape the early morning fatigue — however, if his stretching wasn't enough to wake him, the note on the bed side table with his name on sure was.

His brows creased with confusion and he sent a quick glance over to Sunghoon to see if he had any idea on what the mysterious note was, though the Park boy shook his head and turned the hair dryer off.

Jake picked up the note, sitting on the edge of his bed to open it up, curiosity welling up in his veins as his eyes landed on each and every word.

To: Jake,

By the time you end up reading this, I would've left. The time I spent at the Parks holiday home was truly a one of a kind experience, and I'll forever be grateful to you for introducing me to Mr & Mrs Park, and of course, Isabel. I like Issy, she's cute and any guy would be an idiot not to realize his feelings for her (p.s, you're the idiot !!)

I knew the minute she stepped out of her parents car on the first day of summer that there was something going on. I mean, if you're constant staring at her didn't tell me, then your overprotectiveness was just a slap in the face — and then when I overheard your guys' conversation by the pool last night, it really gave me clarity. I no longer felt like a toxic girlfriend that was overlooking every interaction you both had.

So, no hard feelings, yeah? We're still going to remain friends, right? I wanna know all the updates between you and Issy (good luck with Jay!!)

P.S: tell Issy that she MUST come visit Australia so that we can get our nails done together!!

- Niah

A heavy breath left Jake's mouth as he stayed silent, staring down at the letter. He didn't know how to feel. He was shocked at the way Niah handled the situation, knowing most girls he'd been with in the past would of gone a-wall. If anything, Niah's reaction made him respect the girl even more.

And so, as Jake folded the note back up and stood, he exited the bedroom, preparing himself for the questions he would be asked about Niah's disappearance.

"So, she just left?" Jay questioned as he spooned a load of scrambled eggs onto his plate

"So, she just left?" Jay questioned as he spooned a load of scrambled eggs onto his plate. Everybody had decided to sit outside on the bench to enjoy the breakfast both Jay and Issy's parents had prepared considering it was a beautiful day and coming up to their final days at the holiday home.

Isabel watched as Jake nodded his head, the boy and her stealing glances at one another every now and then as he was sat opposite her on the bench.

"Yeah," He began, slowly dragging his eyes away from Issy. "She told me she was feeling homesick and that our relationship wasn't working." He shrugged and as his story hit Isabel's ears, she couldn't help but think back to last night.

Was Niah really homesick? Or had she heard hers and Jake's conversation late last night?

"Sorry to hear that, Jake." Issy's father sympathized with the younger boy, sending him a tight lipped smile.

The breakfast continued peacefully, with small talk taking place from all ends of the bench, however just like yesterday, Issy and Jake stayed silent; last nights events still playing out in their head.

They had finally revealed how they felt about one another, so now what?

"Why don't you lot head down to the theme park?" Mrs Park suggested as she finished her plate of food, grasping everybody's attention. "You haven't been there yet, and the holiday is almost over. I heard it's better than it was last year." She wiggled her eyebrows, intriguingly.

Instantly, Isabel's eyes widened slightly at the thought of visiting the theme park and many memories flooded her head. It was almost every year (since she was six) she'd gone there and had fun, so it was only right to go this year round. She'd always been sucker for the rides (which she loved forcing Jay to go on) and the head bands.

And so, just when Issy thought the day would be filled with overthinking and a lack of communication from Jake, her plans were quickly changed because now, she was sat in the back of her brothers car between Jake and Sunghoon.

ok so wattpad is pissing me tf off & not letting me add my border

ok so wattpad is pissing me tf off & not letting me add my border. im actually so close to deleting this stupid app smh

also, apologies for a short chapter, a longer one is coming!!