Chapter 1

I was really hoping that I didn't have to go to school today. But of course, mom said that I had to, in order to get into a good college or university. Mom had tried to get me to choose a career in the trades, or healthcare. As a 10th grader, I would have to choose the right courses to take next year, and to take in grade 12, which means that I would have to choose a career. But, I am not doing a trade. I really don't want to do a trade. Back to the story. I ended up going to school. The high school that I went to is in a different time, and so, I had to walk to my bus stop, that was like a 5 minute walk from my house. I currently work at the local McDonalds. Once I turned 16, I am going to apply to different jobs that are in town. Working at the McDonalds isn't any kind of fun to me. 

I have to work. Mom had raised me, and my older siblings as a single parent. Since I am the youngest sibling (I have three older siblings; the oldest is a girl. Her name is June, and she is in her first year as a nursing student at the local college. Then there is my oldest brother, who is a 12th grader at my high school, and he is named after our dad, Liam. He is going into the local college to become a paramedic. Then, my oldest younger brother,  and he is named after our dad's brother, Luca. He is an 11th grader at the same high school as me, and he is going into the local college to become a fire fighter), she expected me to do well in school, get a scholarship, and get into college. 

"Whatcha doing?" Liam asked.

"Going to the bus stop," I replied. 

"Luca and I will. We have to do some stuff at the school, since we have a spare," Liam said. "Get into the car." 

Spare. It is a period that 11th and 12th graders can take. One per semester if they wanted to. And so, I got into the car with my brothers. They got me a coffee. The car that we were in is a second car that both Liam and Luca have to share. Since June has a job and is in college, she was able to get her own car after years of saving up. Liam has his G2, while Luca has his G1. I am going to try to get my G1 once I turn 16. As we were getting into the town where our high school was, I noticed that there was a strange car that has been following us since we had left town like ten minutes ago. 

"There's a car following us," I said. 

"I know," Liam said. "That's why we aren't going to school right away." Liam started to make turn and then another turn. 

"Should we call the police?" I asked. 

"Not yet," Luca said. 

"But I really don't think that they will stop though," I said. But then, the car nudged us, and it almost caused us to hit the pole. I didn't know what to do, and the car continued to do this to us for minutes. 

"Shit," Liam said. 

"I'm calling the police," I said.

"No," Liam said. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"We're at the police station," Liam said, as he pulled into the police station, and the car followed us into the parking lot. Liam then started to drive around the parking lot, and he was honking his horn like a crazy person. This caused a couple of police officers to come out of the police station, as the car hit us, causing Liam to loose control of the car. But before hitting the police building, the car stopped. 

The police officers that were standing outside got the car to stop and the driver out of the car. It was a male. The police arrested the man, and a couple of police officers that walked up to us, and talked to us.