The Avatar Returns

(Next chapter is up! Hope you enjoy.)

Shoot, Shoot, Shoot! That flare could only be from the abandoned Fire Nation ship that was trapped in ice. And the only reason why it would go off is because someone was wondering around in it. Even I stay away from it. Gran Gran and I returned to the village and find that they are at the entrance, looking scared and worried. Probably because of the flare and that the Fire Navy could have seen it.

"I knew it! I knew that guy was trouble" Sokka says. "Whoa! Hold on. Let's not jump to conclusions." I state. "Enough. They are approaching." Gran Gran says. I look to see Katara and Aang, approaching the village just as Gran Gran said. The kids cheer and run towards them, happy to see Aang. They hug him and I smile softly at that. "I knew it. You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare. You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?" I frown at the allegation. "Aang, didn't do anything. It was an accident." Katara says. "Yeah, we were on the ship and there was this booby trap and, well, we-We booby-ed right into it." Aang explains, scratching his head. "Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. Now we could all be in danger." Gran Gran says. "Don't blame Katara. I brought her there. It's my fault." Aang defends Katara. I frown in sympathy.

So far, Aang has shown that he is not someone of malice. He is just a kid that is goofy and loves to have fun. "A-Ha! The traitor confesses. Warriors, away from the enemy. The foreigner is banished from our village." Okay, now this getting ridiculous. I walked over and grab Sokka's shoulder, turning him to face me. "Enough! This is ridiculous, Sokka! I understand that you only want to protect the village, but Aang is a visitor and had no knowledge about the rule of not going into the ship prior to coming her. Sure Katara knew, but Aang tripped a booby trap by accident. We shouldn't come to any conclusions until we have the full story!" I argue.

"She's right, Sokka, you're making a mistake." I hear Katara say. "No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad." Sokka says to Katara, turning away from me to face her. "I'm protecting you from threats like him." "Aang is not the enemy." I look away and close my eyes as I pinch my nose. I growl at Sokka's overprotectiveness. Ever since Hakoda left, Sokka thinks he is the sole decider and protector of the village. But all he's done is just jump to conclusions and become more ignorant. The rest of the conversation was of how Aang had brought fun back to the village, but Gran Gran was in agreement with Sokka.

I release my nose as I open my eyes as Katara grabs Aang as they walk towards Appa. "Where do you think you're going?" "To find a waterbender. Aang is taking me to the North Pole." "I am? Great!" Okay, what happened between those two? "Katara, would you really choose him over your tribe, your own family?" I look at the ground when Sokka said that. Spirits, why must things be so complicated? While Aang has shown not to be a threat, he is still technically a stranger.

It was quiet. Until Aang walked to Katara and talked to her then hops onto Appa. "It was nice meeting everyone." He says. "Let's see your bison fly now, airboy. OW!" I smack the back of Sokka's head. Hard. Instead of flying, Appa stands up. But one little girl cries as she runs off and stands with Katara. I frown sadly. Appa then walks off and I lower my head. But then I harden my expression and run off to follow after Appa. "Wha-? (Y/N)! Get back here!" I ignore Sokka as I continue to run.

Aang may still be a stranger, but all the things about him.... He's an airbender. He was trapped in an iceberg and survived. His eyes glowed. I then catch up with Appa as I slow my run to a walk. "Aang!" I shout. Aang looks down at me then makes Appa stop which makes me stop. "What are you doing, (Y/N)? You should be back at the village." He says. "Look, you survived being in that ice and you woke up not knowing where you are or how long you have been in that hunk of ice." I start. But then I notice how he became nervous and looks away. "Can we get some distance first?" He asks. I nod my head then climbed up Appa