Winter Solstice

(BOOM! Surprise chapter! I decided to make the Winter Solstice two-parter a one part. I hope you like.)

Soooooo, lot of stuff has happened. After we left Kyoshi Island, we made one last pit stop at the Earth Kingdom City of Omashu. We went on a crazy ride on the delivery system and.... It. Was. Crazy. But fun. We got in trouble and was brought before the King. He was crazy, though. He actually had me, Katara, and Sokka almost get encased in gem as he put Aang through different trials. But it turns out, they were to prepare Aang and that the king was actually Aang's old friend, Bumi. So that was surprising. Especially since the guy was ripped for an old man. And apparently, the gems were actually rock candy. Delicious, might I add. He was old and crazy, but a genius. "Looks like someone finally understands my methods. I like her. Good job finding this one, Aang." I remember Bumi saying after I complimented him.

After that, we stopped for a rest but then encountered a boy named Haru. He was an earthbender and we followed him to his village, but learned from his mother that earthbending was forbidden and Fire soldiers were being big jerks about it. But when Haru saved an old man, that rat sold him out and he was sent off to a prison where his father and the rest of the earthbenders of the village were sent to. So, in short, Katara felt guilty and wanted to help him. There was a plan where we would make it look like she could earthbend and she was taken prisoner. We then arrived at the prison and it was made of metal while being far from the mainland. We ended up causing a prison riot with the help of coal that was in the place. The people regained their hope and we busted out. But Katara lost her mother's necklace. She was distraught and I did the best I could to comfort her.

But now, we were all standing in an area of a forest that was burned. Sokka commented how it was like a scar and that reminded me of Zuko. It has been a while since we have encountered him but I push that to the back of my mind as I look around. Frowning at the destruction and rub the jade stone of my bracelet. It comforts me when I feel sad. "Listen. It's so quiet. There's no life anywhere." Sokka comments. "Aang, are you okay?" I look over at Aang after Katara said that. "Fire Nation! The hose evil savages make me sick. They have no respect for-Mmph!" I walked over and covered Sokka's mouth to get him stop talking. He gives me a glare but I nod my head in Aang's direction. He looks over and I feel him cam down. Aang falls onto his knees and I remove my hand from Sokka as I walk over to Aang.

I stand next to him then lower myself to sit on my knees. I look to see that he has a guilty face and I rub his back gently to try and comfort him. He then gathers some of the dirt in his hands. "Why would anyone do this?" He asks. I frown in sympathy as I look around at all the damage. I inhale deeply, "Honestly, I don't know." I remove my hand from his back as I hold it and look down at my bracelet. "A display of power? Superiority? Who knows?" I said, but then I see something in the dirt. Something shiny. I dig it up and find a small, but pretty crystalline yellow gemstone. I smile as I pick it up and show it to Aang. "But in the ashes, beauty can be born." I tell him. He looks at it and I see his expression shift as he looks at the pretty gem.

But he frowns sadly again as he looks away. "But still, how could I have let this happened?" He says, then raises his arm as the dirt falls onto the ground. "Aang, you didn't let this happen. It was nothing to do with you." I hear Katara say. "Yes, it does. It's the Avatar's job to protect nature, but I don't know how to do my job." Aang slumps as he crosses his legs and holds his head in his hands. I safely stash the gem in my pouch then put it away as I crosses my legs to sit more comfortably and place a hand on Aang's shoulder to try and comfort him. "That's why we're going to the North Pole-To find you a teacher." Katara says to Aang. "Yeah. A waterbending teacher. But there's no one who can teach me to be the Avatar. Monk Gyatso said that Avatar Roku would help me." Aang replies.