AN EXPECTED INVITATION

And thus, I was told that his master was his friend, and upon his deathbed, his cries were heard to the plains of the East and the golden wheat plains of the Far East where war had broken and was now silence.

-From the 'Records of Historian Caesarus'

When he was visited by a friend (a very expecting visit), he was busy cooking eggs for his breakfast time. That friend, of course, was his mentor, his master, a wizard too in fact, but he never knew the name or cared for what was it or asked about it because, even if he ask it wouldn't have been answered anyways.

Always had been a mysterious man this master of his. So, when he came to visit Agàlor year after year, once every year to be exact, he left quite of an impression (it was around three years since the last).

This year, his master had visited him for a reason, the thought, and not just any reason. Agàlor of course was hesitant. He wasn't done with his breakfast and was half beating the eggs he was supposed to cook on a wooden bowl of his. His master however insisted he were to come with him, and Agàlor saw in his master's eyes a splendid force. Somehow, his master's will to an adventure had been rekindled by someone. Or something.

In the turn of events, he gladly and politely asked his master to seat comfortably inside his homely home and wait for him be done cooking. Awhile he was at it, Agàlor's mind faded to self-inquiries of why his master had arrived on the end of the springtime just before the end of summer and the blood moon would begin, and ask him to come to yet another adventure that only his master would enjoy! At that moment, without hesitation, he asked him, and unknowingly to Agàlor, his master had prepared for him this time!

"What has got into you, my master that you want to travel to find this...this...what you call it again?" Agàlor was interrupted by his master, "the mother æther?"

"Yes! That one, Master!" Agàlor snapped his fingers, "What is this now? I have heard of that. Once. Or thrice in my life, but not this æther you are talking about! What is so special with this æther apart from the other æthers of this world?"

"Then let me explain to you" said the master as he was splendidly candid with his long-studied student; he coughed to clear his throat of any intruders whatsoever. And then proceeded to say, "Do you still remember your history, young Agàlor? I would say you would answer yes and therefore will not wait for you to answer awhile you cook." The master gazed at Agàlor as he was busy searing the eggs on his pan. "Well...as the story goes...' he wasn't quite sure still that Agàlor was listening, but still then, he proceeded: "...at the start of the years, around four thousand years ago during the time of the Second Millennia, elves and men coexisted in harmony. The elves taught humans how to use magic and how to control it. Humans taught the elves how to live a simpler life. Simple meaning cultivation of lands, taking care of animals of pasture and skills which were gifted to the race of men unlike elves who already had intelligence in all sort of things.

'The elves didn't need the human intelligence, but as a payment for what they taught them, the elves accepted anything at all from us. May it be gift or given in a manner of respect, they all received it with gladness. At one time, and not many knew about it, the humans requested they be taught how to use the crystal-like stones owned by the elves. The elves on the other hand, refused their request saying that the æthers are sacred and as such, only the elves could use such a stone.

'Many believe that the stones were six in total: Minima, Maxima, Tera, Haquin, Illumina, and Kadlima. In the common tongue: Water, Fire..."

"...Earth, Wind, Light, and Darkness! Those are the six basic magic elements, master!' Agàlor gasp! "So, these elements that came from the æthers were the ones the people of old age desired then, master? Or was it that they wanted more power than they already have?"