ii. here we go again

~imisha's pov~

A different day but my problems are still the same. I opened my bedroom door to find my mom in her disheveled state hysterically screaming my name once again.

My heart stopped breaking after a while. To anyone else her screams are gut-wrenching but to me, it's normal now.

I knew she was my mom but if she really wanted good for me, she never would have left my sperm donor. I don't know who he is or where he is, all I know is that he and my mom fell in love in India, shit happened and I'm here in London.

My mom met a lot of guys but they left after having their apparent 'good time'. There was one man who stuck though, the man of my nightmares, my stepdad, Carter.

Flashback:

I ran as fast as I could towards my room, I took a glance behind me and saw his eyes which were once filled with love and sweetness now filled with hatred and rage.

I slammed the door behind me and tried to lock door and block it but he was faster, he slammed the door open and it cracked the wall.

I was scared, I was 13, I don't even know what I did to deserve this.

He held up his hand. Knife. There was a fucking knife in his hand. He slowly came towards me with his sinister smirk. I backed towards the balcony, I only had one option, to jump and run for my life.

My intrusive thoughts took over me. Wrong damn time ugh! He slowly walked toward me and I don't if it was the intrusive thoughts or sudden bravery but I hit him in his crotch and grabbed the knife from his hand.

With shaking hands, I walked steadily outside the room and into the living room.

I heard the vase break and I saw him coming. Bruh he was so fast, does it not pain him?

I went to the kitchen and took out everything glass and sharp objects.

He charged towards me but I threw a plate on his head and kept throwing until every piece of glass in the house was broken, he was bleeding on the floor.

I went to the living room picked up the telephone in the living room and called the police.

Then, I went to the washroom to see my mother passed out. He drugged her. Again. I dragged her outside the house and locked the doors while waiting for the police to come.

Everything happened really fast, they took him away and took me and my mother to the hospital.

-Flashback ends-

I shuddered at the memory. I was pulled back from my thoughts by my mother dragging me down the stairs.

This was a new thing she learned in the past week, she knew I would give her breakfast and only then the doses. She had become so addicted to them that she started dragging me downstairs for the past few days.

Call me selfish but I didn't want to admit my mom was mentally unstable, it was the drugs that made her like that. 

Deep down I knew I was wrong but until and unless she didn't die or overdose it was okay right? I took her to the doctor in the daytime last month and they said she will be passed out for longer hours so it's probably just that.

After calming her down I prepared some scrambled eggs and lavender tea, I made some for myself too.

After feeding her and injecting her with the doses I started packing my small backpack.