vi. happy times

~imisha's pov~

As we climbed the stairs to the second floor, Ikshit pointed out a door that had the initials K.A. engraved in gold, catching my attention. 

"This is Kartik bhaiya's room, and Tanmay bhaiya's room is next to his," Ikshit said, beaming with enthusiasm. 

"Opposite Tanmay bhaiya's room is Ahaan's, and lastly, the room at the end of the hallway is the one we'll be sharing." Wait, what did he mean by "we"? Did that imply that we had to share a room? The thought of it made my stomach drop. 

I knew I couldn't do it. I wanted to tell him that I was uncomfortable with the idea, but the thought of coming off as a spoiled brat kept me from speaking my mind. Instead, I just nodded tightly in agreement.

"Do you want to see our room first, or do you want to take a whole house tour?" Ikshit asked me sweetly. 

"Can we see our room first?" I asked quietly. He nodded enthusiastically and started to walk towards the end of the hallway and I followed him.

As the door opened, my eyes widened in amazement. 

The room's ambiance was a contrast to the rest of the house. The walls were painted in a deep shade of gray, and the furniture was adorned in black leather. The rug beneath my feet was a pattern of black marble. Large windows stood tall at the wall opposite to the door and the curtains were made of a dark, heavy fabric that could block out all the light.

 Large windows stood tall at the wall opposite to the door and the curtains were made of a dark, heavy fabric that could block out all the light

Above the headboard of the bed was a large bookshelf. The bed was adorned with smooth Egyptian cotton dark bedsheets and white leather pillows.

Ikshit's eyes crinkled at the corners as he let out a soft chuckle. "We all have rooms that are customized according to our individual preferences," he explained in a gentle tone. "Since we didn't know what you would have wanted, your room is just plain for now. However, we can definitely go shopping later to get you some stuff to decorate your room as per your choice."

Wasn't this our common room? 

"Wait, what do you mean by different rooms?" I asked him, my voice barely above a whisper. 

Ikshit's expression turned serious as he nodded. "Yes, ever since we were born, we have had interconnected rooms," he explained. "Your room is located in the other part of the bedroom." He pointed to the far end of the room, where there was a door leading to another room. "You can even directly access the hallway from your room, but I don't have the keys to that door yet. That's why I brought you here." 

Holy shit, interconnected rooms? That's so cool.

"Yeah ishu, it is." Shit, did I say that out loud?

Ikshit laughed heartily, "Yes, you did."

Damn, I was so embarrassed, I can't believe I said that shit out loud. I just smiled sheepishly at him.

As I looked around, I noticed that the room was quite spacious, with separate areas designated for different purposes. The space was decorated with comfortable couches, a TV, and an ample collection of books.