Chapter 67 - Shizu Izawa

Erix finished his task for that day where it was the usual permissions of the project currently being made. They already set up a currency system that could only be found in his kingdom. It is the typical Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Platinum Gold currency that he places to ensure the goods are only cycled in his nation. He could use the currency of other nations but it meant that those tourists would take advantage of the trading and better if he could take advantage of it since his country will be much stronger and better than theirs therefore it would be ideal to not hold the goods of his nation to be cheap and affordable.

He would basically scam tourists and foreigners until he established a treaty with his kingdom. Until then, it was best to narrow down the trading to other nations as the quality of materials was higher than normal. Erix was certain that another nation would send a spy to his country after he announced his kingdom to the world and should prepare themselves. But their chance of bypassing his defense would be futile as Souei along with a few Kijin are placed throughout the nation having respective regions that they protect.

In addition, the Seven Parimata Squad, composed of Daemon under the Primordials are spread throughout and if that wasn't enough, there are many golems hiding in the walls that act as security cameras. It's basically a death wish to even dare hope to infiltrate his nation.

'I still need to place some ministry to the country to better control the flow. Most of them are currently handled by Albedo and Yae Miko along with Rigurd but I should consider them later.' Erix thought himself finished and was not walking around his mansion. Yae Miko went to send the files that he had signed and permitted.

His country would need The Cabinet, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Legislation, Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Intelligence, Ministry of Treasury/Finances, Ministry of Infrastructure, Ministry of Agriculture, and Ministry of Science. Erix has few candidates but decided to postpone once his nation is stable enough.

Erix wasn't an expert at the beginning but his character lore and the assistance of his servant allowed him to be absorbed on how to build a foundation for his country. He perked up and sensed someone and unexpectedly bumped into Shizu as she was looking around the mansion.

"Shizu-san? Where are you going? How was your lunch?" Erix asked, giving a soft smile and guessing that she was smiling under the mask.

"Hello, Erix-san, it was amazing and I can't thank you enough for not only saving us but also welcoming us and giving us food to eat. I don't know how to repay your kindness." Shizu bowed and showed her Japanese courtesy and Erix shook his head.

"It was nothing. I also gain something from you but if you insist then can Lady Shizu come with me somewhere?" Erix could easily force them to give him what they know but it best act docile to make his enemy misjudge his character.

"Hope you don't mind my getting up close." Erix said while Shizu was confused and taken aback when Erix went closer thinking that he was going to do something indecent and felt his arms wrapped around her waist getting up close to his face and making her blush.

[ Shadow Movement. ]

Shizu was surprised when shadow enveloped them and within an instant appeared on top of the hill where he often took breaks. She was astonished the moment her eyes laid on the buildings below showing a full view of the inner walls of his nation. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it? I often rest here and enjoy the view as you can see the entire town from up here. In the afternoon, there is a particular breeze that blows through and makes this hill perfect for napping." Erix said slowly letting go of her blushing and glancing at his face.

"I-I see." She said as she looked back over the town. The wind blew as the two stared off toward the distance. Erix could sense her emotion which was filled with confusion and uncertainty. Despite how much she accepted her end does have a hint of hope lingering desperately.