Chapter 6: Goodbyes

(Noona- older sister. Address by males only)
(Unnie- older sister. Address by females only)

Apologies for the quality of work on this chapter. It took way too long and honestly the quality of it is probably not up to standard as I was occupied by my own life. But I still hope it's worthy enough for a read.

Recap

He picked it up while she turned her gaze towards him.

"Yes?" He answered.

The news from the other side surprised him. There was a hint of happiness but also sadness roaming in his eyes as he turned to take a look at Siya.

"Got it".

End of recap

Siya's pov

It's been an hour and he still hasn't said anything. Just a dead silence surrounding us as we walked towards the club with the daylight being swallowed by the night.

I don't know what to be more concerned about, this dreading silence or the fact we nearly kissed?

But-...

Was he really going to? Or am I just making it up in my head?

I mean he was just so close that I didn't know how to react but-....

I mean why would he try to do that?

My heart beat quickened at the thought of the obvious that my mind just didn't wanted to admit.

Could he.....could-

*inhales and exhales*

Could he possibly have taken a liking in me?

My heart felt like it would jump out of my rib cage any second. I'm sure if he just came a little closer he'd be able to hear it.

But does that mean....I like him too?

My eyes widened at the thought of it and heart beat skipped. I could feel my cheeks heating up too.

Do I really like him?

Oh god.

I didn't allow myself time to get excited over it. I mean even if I did, why does it matter?

I'm a girl from a poor family and he's....

Well you know he's wealthy. Belongs from a upper class family. He has so much potential. A girl like me will only be an obstacle in his life. Nothing more.

"We're here", the words cut me off my thoughts as I came back to my complete senses. Seeing us standing outside the back door of the store room.

I was so occupied by my thoughts that I hadn't noticed when we reached.

He pushed the door open and held it, allowing me to enter first.

It wasn't long until he followed my lead and shut the door behind.

I turned to simply face him. Questions racing in my head but not a single crossing my lips. Until finally I mustered some courage to break this silence.