Chapter 12

Kalani ran up to her room as soon as they had arrived. She made sure to hide her things quickly in the closet before anyone could come in and see them. Once done she sat down on her bed and released a sigh of relief. She smiled to herself, happy that she could finally end things without anyone knowing what she had done. Her past will be erased and no one will suspect a thing.

However her smile faltered thinking about the negatives. How could she be so happy over the murder of an unborn child. More specifically her own unborn child. Guilt started to seep into her heart. How could she ever think of killing a baby. She wasn't any better than HIM. He had killed her previous babies just as they were conceived and now she's planning on doing the same. How could she be so cruel and selfish. Thinking about her own life instead of the baby.

Tears prickled in her eyes as her hands fell onto her stomach. The guilt only grew stronger. She could feel herself longing for the child. She started to wish she could keep it. The more she rubbed her belly the more she realised she actually wanted to keep her baby. Kalani wanted to become a mother to her baby. She had already lost her other children so she couldn't lose this one over her own selfish fears and needs.

She decided to take the test again just to make sure she was still pregnant. She knew she was but wanted reassurance. Just as she was about to get up and take the test, a knock came through the door. She quickly wiped her tears and smoothed out her hoodie. Seconds later Kaleb peered his head in. "Hey" he smiled walking over to her. She smiled and waved at him.

"So how was your little trip. They didn't do anything to upset you, right?" He sat beside her and grabbed her hands. She shook her head, gently squeezing his hands. She pulled away to grab his credit card out from her pocket and gave it back to him. "Did you end up buying something?" He asked.

"No, not really. Just some pads" she lied. "Oh.... Well did you eat something?" She shook her head in response. "I wasn't hungry." Again it was another lie. She didn't want to eat in fear of over eating or gaining weight. Kaleb sighed and grabbed her hands again. He looked deep into her eyes trying to read her.

"Lani?" He said hesitantly. She raised her brows acknowledging him. "It's been years, when are you planning on talking to me again. I want to hear my sister's voice. I miss it" her eyes widened at his request. She wasn't expecting that to be his question. "Just please tell me what happened. Why did you suddenly decide to do go mute? Had I done something wrong? If so please tell me. I'll do whatever I can to make things right again" Kalani could see the visible worry and concern in her twin's eyes.

She withdrew her hands and got up from the bed, turning her back to him. Tears weld up as she saw mini flashback of that day. "Kalani? Please." Kaleb begged standing up to reach her. She just stared at him wishing that she could just spit the words out, but she couldn't. The only thing she could do was fling her arms around him, pulling him in for a hug. He instantly responded by wrapping his arms around her. "Please Lani" he repeated.

Her heart tugged at his pleas. But she couldn't do anything. If she tells him what actually happened that day, he'd never look at her face again. Most likely get disowned by the only person she considers as her only true family.

She pulled out of the hug to type something. "Not right now, I promise to tell you when the time comes" Kaleb wasn't happy with that answer but didn't push it as it was better than nothing. He then smirked remembering the reason why he came to her room in the first place.

"I was thinking. Since there's still some time left before dinner, why don't you do my hair. Please." He smiled sweetly but Kalani only rolled her eyes at him. Of course he'd ask her to do his hair. Again. It's like that was the only thing she was useful for to him. But deep down she enjoyed it, it was kind of a way for them to spend time together and bond.