41

"Are you sure now is the best time?" On the way to meet the king, Agape asked softly and uneasily. He was walking next to the bishop, only one position behind him, "Is this possible? Too eye-catching?"

Juan Fonseca was wearing the majestic attire that only a bishop could possess, with a cloud of attendants behind him. Everyone was silent in silence, for no other reason. After a long inspection and patrol, Sei The real owner of Palazzo Velia has finally returned to his place. The palace was more solemn and quiet when the king was present than when he was absent.

"Don't question my decision, young man." The bishop snorted disapprovingly, "Am I going to push you into the fire pit again? It has been more than a year since you came to the Palace of Seville. I will not say that you have already You have established a foothold here... You are just a babbling baby, and you still have a lot to learn. But I have to admit that you have done a good job, considering that you are the first to let Lilac live in the greenhouse. After eight months, what reason does the king have for not wanting to see you?"

He paused and whispered: "What's more, the Moluccas have suffered heavy losses and have been troubled by the black crow. They have great magical powers. The tentacles are out of action now. It's too late to put pressure on Portugal, and there's no spare time to take care of you. Now is not the best time, when else?" Before

Agape could speak, the bishop warned again. : "I know that you are a little country bumpkin to begin with, but don't forget your etiquette, let alone your usual cleverness... Your Majesty, like me, appreciates pragmatic people." "Oh

. "Agape said honestly.

The luxurious and heavy palace doors were opened one by one. Every time they were opened, a servant would stand by the door and loudly announce the arrival of Bishop Burgos. When he stood in front of the king's study, Agape's heartbeat was so nervous that it accelerated. .

The bishop was the first to enter the king's private office. Apart from numerous guards and servants, there was only Charles I inside, and his prime minister and parliament were nowhere to be seen.

"Hail," said the bishop, "the glory of God, King of Castile and Aragon, owner of Naples, Sicily and Sardinia." "Ah,

here you are, my venerable Bishop." Charles I began to speak, with a gentle voice and a strict tone. "Although I am far away from the Palace of Seville, news about you still reaches my ears in a steady stream. Regarding your resolution, you The surprise prepared for me..."

He glanced at Agape next to him, "and the young man next to you."

Agape, who had been lowering his head, was stunned for a moment, not knowing whether he should salute now or not. Why, in desperation, he quickly bowed to the king, and because he didn't think about what to say, he remained silent for the time being.

"He!" the bishop said loudly, "a child from the country who knows nothing about the world and has never seen much of the world. However, he is very talented in gardening. His teacher first gave him a very good recommendation I made up my mind to meet him. But after this meeting, I was indeed not disappointed, let alone His Majesty." "

I don't remember that I have anything to let this young man down. ," Charles I said with a smile, "I just heard you say that he also has a teacher?"

"It's an old priest who served His Excellency Farnese." Bishop Juan said concisely, "Of course your Majesty knows him. The owner of the house may not know him."

"Oh, yes, yes," said Charles I thoughtfully, "Cardinal Farnes... Hey, young man, raise your head and look at me Come on! It is well-known news that although I am ugly, I do not eat people!"