43

In the spring of 1526, the air was filled with moist warmth, and the messenger sent by the courtiers rushed to deliver a letter to the Palace of Seville.

Charles I finally listened to the opinions of his brother and the bishop, determined to give up the English princess, no longer waited for the Molucca lioness, and instead entered into a marriage with Portugal. Although the two countries' citizens have long been incompatible, many people believe that this marriage will bring long-term benefits to both countries.

In February of this year, the Pope approved Charles I's marriage request and allowed Princess Isabella to arrive in Spain and temporarily settle in the Palace of Seville. At this time, the king was still far away in Madrid. After hearing the news, he immediately rushed to Seville. At the same time, he quickly sent an edict, asking everyone in the palace to obey the princess's order. Now Treat her like the mistress of the empire.

"Get up!" Lily giggled and jumped onto her father's bed. Like an agile and lively puppy, she dug out a disheveled and confused Agape from under the quilt. "I'm not going to see Agape today. Princess, daddy is not allowed to sleep in!"

Agape reluctantly opened her eyelids and looked at the weather outside the window.

He covered his face and let out a feeble wail in a drawn-out tone.

"Lily - what time is it now? What else do I need to see as a princess? You are the biggest princess... Please, Your Highness, please let me have a good sleep." He muttered, fell down again, and wrapped himself in a quilt. She said to herself, "Dad is already an old man and can't bear the trouble anymore."

"Nonsense!" Lily screamed, angrily retorted to Agape, rubbing his shoulders desperately, "You are not old, who said you are? , Grandpa Bishop is considered old! Take back your words, take back your words quickly..."

Lily is far smarter than many people imagine. The older she grows, the more keenly she notices that time imposes on everyone How amazing is the power. Sometimes when she looked at the bishop, she would worry about her father, wondering if he would become such a gray-haired, skinny old man.

She was afraid that Agape would grow old, that he would become incompetent and be bullied. This little girl doesn't even know who her other father is, but she has inherited his strong and cold qualities. A strong person can accurately identify another soft person in the crowd.

Subconsciously, she understood that her father's softness would cause him to suffer a lot of unnecessary hardships, but she was still too young to protect him well. Therefore, Lily always said silently in her heart, time, please let me grow up faster and let my father grow old slowly! Since you are a fair and just time, I also make a fair and just request to you.

Unfortunately, time never paid attention to her voice. Now that she heard her father's self-deprecation, Lily immediately became anxious.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay..." Agape hurriedly apologized, "I am not old, and dad is not old..."

He sighed and tried to bargain with his daughter: "Sweetheart, can you go find Mrs. Hetty?" "

No. ," Lily pursed her lips, "I won't go." "

Then go to Grandpa Bishop?" Agape tried again, "He will be very happy to see you, although he must keep a cold face first..." "

No. Okay," Lily continued to refuse, "I want you to accompany me!"

Now, the tough, sharp, and profit-oriented Bishop Burgos has fallen into Lily's small hands. Juan Fonseca could not resist her magic, the joy of a gremlin, the excitement and vitality of a wild child. As a bishop in the court known for his ruthlessness, Juan indulged Lily's pranks with unusual tolerance, and she giggled all day long. She was the only one who could run and jump around the desk. One who does not suffer rebuke.