74

On the day the Moluccas were captured, fire burned half of the sky. Hot wind and kerosene fiercely entangled above the roof ridges. There were screams of terror and the dying cries of the militiamen everywhere.

The air was not only filled with the strong smell of burning cloves, cardamom and cinnamon bark, but also the smell of burnt flesh. The combination of the two was so weird and nauseating, but Gerald walked without changing his expression. On the street - or rather the remains of the street - orders were given indifferently.

"The Moluccan guards will kill without mercy. Anyone with black hair and eyes will be seen by me personally. Other than that, no one's life will be touched." He lowered the brim of his dark hat and faced the majestic palace from a distance. Molucca Palace, "Better not ask me to do it twice."

"Yes, my lord."

Four days earlier, after Sherman Scott ordered three of his ships loaded with gunpowder to carry out a suicide attack, They retreated all the way until they reached the Molucca mainland. He has always been smart, and smart people can always foresee their own death time accurately. He knows very well in his heart that Gerald started the war with an unyielding heart. If they don't get out in time, they will all become a bunch of people on the battlefield. cannon fodder.

So he escaped. He had more important things to do than blocking Gerald's combined fleet without any return.

Sherman rushed into the Golden Palace on the top floor with the smell of gunpowder all over his body, and saw Jane Scott standing in front of the huge crystal window, staring at the shadowy sparks on the sea in the distance.

He knew what she was looking at. Every speck of fire swaying on the sea level was an enemy ship.

"It's time for us to leave!" Sherman rushed over. "The enemy is coming fiercely, and I can't stop it for a long time. The departure ship has been prepared. Let's leave now!" Jane stood motionless, with a complicated golden

lantern . Looking at her back, she tilted her head slightly, and the bright light slipped from her long and rich hair, making her look as charming as a peerless enchantress.

The incense raised a lingering white mist, and Sherman smelled a lingering trace of blood from the strong aroma. He lowered his head and saw a body lying on the ground beside his sister's feet, covered with messy knife marks. There were slaves among them, as well as Scotts with black hair and eyes.

"What's wrong?" Jane stretched out a hand, her snow-white palm was mottled with red, and half-flowing blood was coagulated, "Are you going to persuade me to leave too?"

She tilted her head and smiled, Sherman stared into her eyes, The fierce heartbeat gradually calmed down. He raised his legs and slowly walked towards his master, only supporting his body with his knees, and then put his face into the blood-stained palms.

Jane caressed his cheek carelessly, smearing his skin carefully with blood.

"You want me to go into exile in a foreign land. What else can I do besides survive?" Jane held his face and asked softly, "Gerald Scott will not let us go, just like we will let him go." It's not the same as him. As long as I'm still alive, there will be no peace for the rest of my life. Running away is showing weakness, and you should know better than me what the consequences of showing weakness will be, right, Sherman?" Sherman looked at

her without blinking. : "We can still lie dormant and wait for the opportunity to regroup at any time. As long as we are alive, we still have a chance..." A

strange look appeared on Jane's face, and she suddenly asked: "Do you have any wishes that have not been realized so far? Sherman?"

Sherman was stunned, and an answer immediately appeared on his lips subconsciously, but he didn't say it.