Yet to come

Elara

As the days passed, I couldn't shake the feeling that Malachi was always watching me. Everywhere I went, I saw glimpses of him - in the shadows, in the reflection of windows, even in my dreams. His presence was suffocating, a constant reminder of the decision looming over me like a dark cloud.

I tried to push him out of my mind, to focus on the normalcy of my everyday life. But it was like he had burrowed his way into my thoughts, his unsettling smile haunting me at every turn.

One evening, as I walked home from school, I felt a chill run down my spine. I glanced over my shoulder, half-expecting to see Malachi lurking in the shadows. But there was nothing there, just the empty street stretching out behind me.

Or so I thought.

As I quickened my pace, I heard the faint sound of footsteps echoing behind me. My heart pounded in my chest as I dared to steal a glance over my shoulder. And there he was, Malachi, his crimson eyes gleaming in the darkness.

I broke into a run, my pulse racing with fear. But no matter how fast I ran, I couldn't shake him off my trail. It was like he was toying with me, a predator toying with its prey.

From that moment on, I couldn't escape the feeling of being hunted. Malachi was everywhere I turned, his presence a constant reminder of the impossible choice I had to make.

I knew I couldn't keep running forever. Sooner or later, I would have to face him and make my decision. But with each passing day, the weight of that decision grew heavier, threatening to consume me whole.

And as the deadline drew nearer, I realized that no matter what choice I made, my life would never be the same again.

As I raced down the street, my breath coming in ragged gasps, I could feel Malachi's presence looming closer behind me. Panic clawed at my chest as I searched desperately for a way to escape.

Suddenly, I spotted an alleyway up ahead, a narrow passage between two buildings. Without hesitation, I veered off the main street and darted into the darkness, hoping to lose him in the labyrinth of alleys.

I ran blindly, my heart pounding in my ears, the sound of my footsteps echoing off the walls. But just as I dared to hope that I had outsmarted him, I heard the unmistakable sound of footsteps closing in behind me.

I skidded to a stop, my chest heaving with exertion, and turned to face my pursuer. And there he was, Malachi, his sinister smile twisted with amusement.

"There's no use running, Elara," he said, his voice sending shivers down my spine. "I'll always find you."

I backed away, my heart hammering in my chest. "Why are you doing this to me?" I pleaded, my voice trembling with fear and frustration.

Malachi's eyes gleamed with a cruel light. "Because you have a choice to make, love," he replied, his voice like ice. "And I won't let you forget it."

With those chilling words, he vanished into the darkness, leaving me alone in the alleyway, trembling with fear and uncertainty.

I knew then that I couldn't keep running from my decision. No matter how much I tried to avoid it, I would have to face Malachi and make my choice.

A few days had passed since that terrifying encounter in the alleyway, but the memory of Malachi's relentless pursuit still haunted me like a shadow. Though I had managed to evade him that night, his presence lingered in the back of my mind, a constant reminder of the impossible choice I faced.

In the days that followed, I tried to resume some semblance of normalcy, burying myself in schoolwork and spending time with my friends and family. But no matter how hard I tried to push him away, Malachi's presence always seemed to loom just out of sight, like a predator waiting to strike.

I found myself growing increasingly paranoid, constantly looking over my shoulder and jumping at the slightest sound. It was as if I had become trapped in a never-ending nightmare, unable to escape the specter of my own fears.

But despite the fear and uncertainty that plagued me, life went on. Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. And with each passing day, the weight of my decision grew heavier, like a burden I could never hope to shake.

Then, one day, as I walked home from school, I felt a familiar chill run down my spine. I glanced nervously over my shoulder, half-expecting to see Malachi lurking in the shadows once again.

But to my surprise, there was nothing there. No ominous figure watching me from the darkness, no sinister smile twisted with amusement. Just the empty street stretching out before me, bathed in the soft glow of the setting sun.

For a brief moment, I allowed myself to relax, the tension draining from my shoulders as I dared to hope that maybe, just maybe, Malachi had finally given up the chase.

But deep down, I knew better. I knew that he would never truly let me go, that his grip on my fate was as unyielding as ever. And as I continued on my way, I couldn't shake the feeling that the worst was yet to come.

Just as I tried to convince myself that I was safe, a chilling voice cut through the silence like a blade.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't little Elara, coming home from a long day," Malachi's voice dripped with sarcasm as he materialized from the shadows, his red eyes gleaming with malicious amusement.

I tensed at the sight of him, my heart pounding in my chest as I struggled to maintain my composure. "What do you want, Malachi?" I asked, trying to keep the tremor out of my voice.

"Oh, nothing much," he replied casually, his lips twisting into a mocking smile. "Just checking in on my favorite little mortal. After all, I wouldn't want you to forget about our little arrangement."

I gritted my teeth, suppressing the urge to lash out at him. "I haven't forgotten," I snapped, my voice laced with defiance. "I'm just not ready to make a decision yet."

Malachi chuckled, the sound sending shivers down my spine. "Of course you're not," he said, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "Why make a decision when you can just keep running in circles?"

I bristled at his words, the frustration boiling inside me. "I'm not running," I retorted, my voice rising with anger. "I'm trying to figure things out."

Malachi's smile widened, his eyes glinting with amusement. "Oh, I'm sure you are," he said, his voice oozing with false sympathy. "But the clock is ticking, love. Sooner or later, you're going to have to face reality."

With a wave of his hand, he disappeared into the darkness once again, leaving me alone with my thoughts. And as I stood there, trembling with anger and fear, I knew that no matter how hard I tried to escape, Malachi would always be one step ahead, waiting to remind me of the choice that lay ahead.

A/N 

I have a few chapters in the vault that I will post in a few hours but I have to get the first two out so my friend can unblock me 😭😭😭

She was mad I took down more story and blocked my phone number so I have to get these out so she can talk to me again

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter

Love you guys ❤️❤️❤️