Chapter 1- Vacation (and some Chaos)- Part 1

Part 1- Aries POV

The snaking line around security was making me loose my patience. My eyes flitted around, in attempt to find possible chaos to spread somewhere in this airport.

"Psst!" someone whispered. I ignored it but, the voice persisted and someone nudged me in my ribs. I turned behind me and finally realized I wasn't being paranoid, there really was someone vying for my attention. It was Sagittarius.

"What is it Sagi?" I asked my best friend, boredom controlling my voice. "How do you say we-" before she could finish, Capricorn turned around and gave us his stern look. "You two better behave- you to Taurus," he suddenly added, as seeing he was whispering something to Sag.

"He's right you know. You guys are gonna get us kicked out of here," Pisces added. "Come on! We've been waiting in this line for an hour," Taurus whined, a frown creasing his face. "They're not wrong. Yo, see that cute girl over that?" Leo piped in, eyeing a blonde in the other row. "Leo, don't. You can flirt with girls later," Capricorn rolled his eyes. "Look, we're almost at the front. 10 minutes," he added, letting out a frustrated sigh.

He and Pisces turned back to the front, engaging in a hushed conversation. Leo continued eyeing the barbie brat. That left me, Taurus, and Sagi. The triple threat, we liked to call ourselves. The three of us had met in grade school and then met Capri, Pi, and Leo a few years later. Now, the six of us had decided to go on a getaway in celebration of summer.

"Ok, ok I have an idea. What if we open up the dividers?" Taurus suggested, looking at the poles and leather stretched out to separate and loop people around. "You're a fucking genius," Sagittarius commented. A light blush appeared on Taur's face, but it quickly disappeared.

"You guys are gonna find some way to mess this up. You both have the combined stealth of a 3 year old," I grumbled. "Gosh Ari, why you gotta insult us like that?" Taurus teased. "Yea Ari! No need to be so grumpy!" Sagittarius chimed and they both burst out laughing.

"First of all, I hate when you guys call me Ari. Second of all, I'm grumpy because I should! There's nothing to be all cheery and happy about," I snapped. Taurus and Sagi shared a look. "I think you just need your ray of sunshine Ari. Maybe a...boy?" my best friend whispered, to which the duo again shook from laughter.

"Why don't you two go suck faces in the bathroom?" I countered. That wiped the smirks of their pretty little faces. "We're just friends!" they whisper-yelled, yet their red faces said otherwise. "Great minds think alike!" I cooed. God, they were my best friends, but they could be the most irritating people ever sometimes.

"Back to our plan...we're about to reach the front. If we want to do this, now is the time," Taurus stated. Before I could respond, I heard a click.

My head swiftly turned to the left where one of the dividers had been separated. Sagittarius shot us a smirk and Taurus got the memo. He quickly got the one on the other side. Somehow, one of the poles crashed down and disconnected the others behind it in a domino effect. Sagittarius did the same with the other side. A minute, it was total pandemonium. People were screaming and running forward, security was trying to re-organize everyone, and the workers sat there in confusion.

"Stay together!" Capricorn yelled over the noise. Too late, we realized Leo was gone. After about 15 minutes, against all odds, the security guards had managed to settle everything down and separate everyone out. The five of us had somehow pushed our way to the front. "Where the hell is Leo?" Pisces mumbled, standing on the tips of her toes to scan the crowd. "I'm sure he got ahead," Capricorn shrugged, handing our passports to the checkers.

"Now...whose idea was it?" his sharp voice cut through the air and he aimed his glare at Taurus, Sagi, and me. "Who...us? We would never!" Sagi innocently nodded, wiping an imaginary tear from her face. "I can't believe you would accuse us of such absurd behavior," Taurus placed his hand on his forehead in a dramatic attempt. "You two cannot lie for your lives," I grumbled under my breath.

"What did I expect? Thank god I have you Pisces. I need someone sensible to help keep these three in order," Capricorn sighed in frustration. Pisces nodded sympathetically. After finally, getting through security, we found Leo at the front, taking a selfie. Capricorn cleared his throat, making Leo spin around.

He gave us a knowing smirk. He reached into his pocket and held up a slip of paper in triumph. "Got the girls number!" he whistled. "Seriously Leo? Gosh you are an idiot," I said, rolling my eyes. "Y'know, if you keep rolling those eyes, they're gonna get stuck back there," he teased. "Both of you stop. We have an hour till our flight. So if you want to buy stuff, do it now. Meet at gate A12 in 30 minutes," Capricorn ordered.

He, Pisces, and Leo went off one way while Sago, Taur, and I went the other. After buying as much food as we could afford, we strolled back to the gate. The other trio was already there, grumbling about something. When we got closer, I realized Leo's left cheek was red. He was frowning about something.

"What happened?" Sagi and Taurus asked in unison. "Mr Confident over here spilled coffee on some girl and she slapped him," Pisces explained, trying not to smile. "That was totally not my fault! She ran into me!" Leo pouted, pursing his lips. "I would pay any amount to watch that!" Taurus snickered.

Suddenly, a voice echoed through the room. "Flight 364 is starting boarding first class. All first class passengers for 364 please report to the boardwalk." the intercom glitched off. "Alright, that's us. We have to sit in groups of 2, so decide that now," Capricorn said, grabbing the tickets.

Leo, Pisces, and I shared a look. Now time for our plan. "I'll sit with Aries!" Pisces called just as Leo yelled "I call Capri!" Capricorn looked up in confusion, but Leo ignored him. All four pairs of eyes turned to Sagittarius and Taurus.

"Fuck you all! I thought we were best friends Ari!" Sagittarius mumbled, her face tomato red. "Exactly! This was totally on purpose," Taurus grumbled. "If you both admit you are completely oblivious to each other's feelings, then we might change our mind," Pisces said, nodding solemnly.

"We're just friends!" both of them repeated for what must have been the hundredth time. "Then you'll have to sit together. Deal with it," I shrugged. "Just remember to clean up! And don't forget to put up the divider!" Leo chimed, running to the entrance as the duo chased him.