Chapter 4- It's Not so Nice to Meet You

Cancer's POV

"Ow," I groaned, clutching my arm around my stomach, barely stopping myself from doubling over. I leaned my back against the cool back of the chair, rolling my tongue against my inner cheek. "I told you not to eat that much," Scorpio giggled, stabbing a piece of cheese with her knife. "You can't blame him. This food is...ugh," Gemini groaned, her mouth stuffed. "These buffets will be the end of me," Libra agreed, staring down at his plate.

"You all have no self control," Virgo rolled her eyes, her tongue grazing her lower lip. We had gotten to the resort in the morning but only decided to leave our rooms at dinnertime due to the sheer exhaustion of the traveling day. "I don't know how you have so MUCH self control. I don't know why we call Aquarius the robot," Scorpio said in a joking manner. "Because he has no emotions. You all are way too immature," Virgo countered back, narrowing her eyes at her best friend.

"Hey! Don't bring me in to this," Aquarius huffed. "She's not wrong man. You really are," I agreed. "I'm sorry I'm not a sappy sack like you," he teased back, a smug grin on his face. "That huwt my feewings," I mocked in baby tone, pasting a frown on my mouth. Scorpio let out another giggle. "We should head back to the rooms so we can get a good nights rest. We can wake up early and go out to the main area," Libra said after a few minutes of our childish arguments.

"But I'm still hungry!" Gemini squeaked, getting ready to refill her plate. "Nope, no more. You're gonna get sick," Libra snatched the plate from her and put it away. Gemini pouted and sniffed, wiping an imaginary tear from her face. "Are you saying I'm fat?" she asked, hurt mockery in her voice. "Gemy, you know I would never say that. I don't want you getting sick," Libra explained as we walked back inside and to the elevators.

A loud yawn escaped my mouth, creating a domino effect with the other five. "Told ya," Libra shrugged matter-of-factly while we were walking down the hallway of the fifth. "Do you guys think anyone lives in the other one?" Aquarius asked, his eyes flitting to the identical door across ours. "We can find out tomorrow. Come on," Virgo shoved us all inside, locking the door.

I was starting to feel sticky since I hadn't showered since yesterday and headed straight to the bathroom. I stepped in the shower and the warm water cascaded over me in a downpour. After about 15 minutes, I flipped it off and grabbed one of the white, plush towels. As I was drying myself off, I suddenly heard yelling and screaming.

I quickly threw on my clothes and ran out, my hair still dripping water. Luckily, nothing was seemingly wrong. Gemini lay in her bunk, somehow asleep. Libra, Aquarius, and Virgo were all staring at the door with an annoyed face. "Alright, I'm going over there," Scorpio grumbled, storming out of the other bathroom. "What's going on?" I asked, causing four heads to turn towards me. After a few beats of silence, I heard a crash and an echoing sound of laughter.

"I'm guessing it's from the room across from us since it's the only other one on this floor," Virgo muttered, tapping her foot rapidly. "Guess we're about to meet them earlier than we wanted," Libra muttered, glancing a look at Gemini. "Ok wait. Why don't we...wait for a bit? Maybe they just need a bit. We don't want to sound rude," I tried reasoning, afraid it would go to deaf ears because when Scorpio was riled up, there was no stopping her.

But she took a breath and walked calmly to her bunk, placing her headphones in her ears. I climbed up to my own bunk and grabbed my newest novel. All sounds drowned on when I started reading. Every time I read a new novel, I felt I was in an alternate universe. I could be anyone I wanted to. Forget my daunting past.

I never had my little "episodes" when I was reading. After another 30 minutes, the noise had already gotten louder and somehow sounded...closer than before. "That's fucking it. Time to meet these pieces of shit," Scorpio threw her phone down and snarled, her face full of determination and anger. But before she could even move, a door flew open.