xS2 Chapter 19 - Misadventures At The Mall (1)

Starlight City's Central Mall.

It is Starlight City's largest mall located entirely within the central district of the city. In it customers and employees alike explore the bustling mall, checking out the four floors filled with unique stores. On the first floor, there's a giant ice rink, the second has a giant arcade, the third has an aquarium, and the fourth holds a movie theater.

It's in this crowded mall we find Elizabeth Moore, trying to make her way through the swarm of people as she looks at the list of stuff she needs to get for her family

A bottle of rare olive oil

A new picture book for Lang

A new game controller for Hai

A new grater

After putting the list back into her pocket, she continues through the mall looking for a store. Whenever she's gone here she's always done so as errands for her family. Looking at the families going to the movie theater, the kids staring mesmerized at the fishes, the couples skating across the ice, and the friends messing with one another at the arcade; it makes Elizabeth realize she's never truly gone here just to 'have fun'–

Before Elizabeth can continue down this train of thought, she bumps into someone walking the other way.

"Oh I'm sorry-" Elizabeth begins to apologize as she turns to see who she bumped into.

To her surprise though, she sees that it's Sammy Becken, a fellow member of the club she is in. Sammy has her hair in a ponytail and is wearing a black long-sleeved crop top, ripped orange cargo pants, and blue tennis shoes.

"Sammy?" Elizabeth questions.

"Eli?" Sammy remarks.

Sammy walks over to Elizabeth and gives her a quick hug before saying, "I'm glad I got to see you! I was getting bored just hanging around here all by myself!"

"I see," Elizabeth says through her discomfort, "And please just call me Elizabeth?"

"Okay okay," Sammy says as she sits down at a nearby bench.

Elizabeth sits next to her and her mind starts to race. While they're both in the same club the two have rarely interacted, which usually is fine because they have some other friends with her then. But here? It's just the two of them, and Elizabeth has absolutely no idea what to discuss with her. She doesn't know her interests, her hobbies, her passions, what she dislikes, absolutely nothi–

"Hey like your tracksuit you got on," Sammy says as she sips a can of soda, "You wanna make good use of it?"

Elizabeth looks a bit confused at Sammy's remark.

"I mean do you wanna hang out?" Sammy questions.

Before Elizabeth can even process the question, remembering she isn't supposed to draw attention to herself, she agrees with a, "Yes."

Hearing those words a pit of dread fills Elizabeth's stomach as a playful grin escapes onto Sammy's face.

"Then what are we waiting for," Sammy remarks as she grabs Elizabeth's hand and runs through the mall, "Let's have some fun!"

Elizabeth, not wanting to get dragged, runs alongside her as the two reach their first destination; a Moon Shadow Affiliate outlet store that has several clothes for cheap.

"You wanna try some stuff on?" Sammy asks as she looks at a nice burgundy-colored scarf.

"To be honest," Elizabeth sighs, "N-not really, I just had a whole fashion show with trying on outfits for the homecoming."